Aftermarket Exhaust Upgrade - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Aftermarket Exhaust Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Xrider57 View Post
    What year is your bike? The 2015 and 16 have an exhaust that sounds pretty good. You can hear it at hwy speeds but not too loud.
    Had a 15, now a 13. Just a slight noticeable difference. A take off set from a 15 to 17 would be fine..

Quote Originally Posted by Big TP View Post
    Taxfree,
    Yeah, That sounds like a 911S Turbo

How would you compare the fit and finish to the OEM?

I had both - the Cobra and the TBR. Both are heavier than stock. The TBR has a slightly better fit and finish than the Cobra but both fall short of the exact perfect fit of OEM. They both have heavy chromed steel cases. The Cobra baffles are mild steel and will show rust at the outlets. The TBR has a T409 stainless baffle which will surface rust and also show rust at the exhaust outlets. Neither has the T304 stainless cases that the OEM has. After having both, I am glad I was able to sell them and go back to the 2001-2017 GL1800 GoldWing silencers. They are absolutely quiet while cruising and allow the engine to howl when ridden aggressively.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    I had both - the Cobra and the TBR. Both are heavier than stock. The TBR has a slightly better fit and finish than the Cobra but both fall short of the exact perfect fit of OEM. They both have heavy chromed steel cases. The Cobra baffles are mild steel and will show rust at the outlets. The TBR has a T409 stainless baffle which will surface rust and also show rust at the exhaust outlets. Neither has the T304 stainless cases that the OEM has. After having both, I am glad I was able to sell them and go back to the 2001-2017 GL1800 GoldWing silencers. They are absolutely quiet while cruising and allow the engine to howl when ridden aggressively.
    Good analysis. Point-"Don't fix what ain't broken?"

I had a very minor rust issue at the outlets at first...Drilled a small 1/8" drain hole under the pipe where the clamps are...Been on the bike now almost 5 riding seasons here in Michigan, and not one spot of rust anywhere, pipes look like new and sound just fine for me.....Cobra 6-2-6's....Regards and ride safe

Your drilled hole doesn’t stop the mild steel case and baffle from rusting. They still rust and corrode inside. Hence the reason the OEM uses the much more expensive t304 non magnetic stainless steel case and baffle. Not only does it last longer but it weighs less too.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I had a very minor rust issue at the outlets at first...Drilled a small 1/8" drain hole under the pipe where the clamps are...Been on the bike now almost 5 riding seasons here in Michigan, and not one spot of rust anywhere, pipes look like new and sound just fine for me.....Cobra 6-2-6's....Regards and ride safe
    Last edited by Joflewbyu2; 10-30-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    taxfree = are you getting another B ?
    What happened to all the "goodies" on your B the "texting" woman destroyed? You had some nice upgrades!
    Yep I will soon as my future ex wife becomes my ex. I took all the goodies off, the adjuster said "take whatever you want we're totalling it". Helibars, RDL, MP3, INNOVV camera system etc.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Yep I will soon as my future ex wife becomes my ex. I took all the goodies off, the adjuster said "take whatever you want we're totalling it". Helibars, RDL, MP3, INNOVV camera system etc.
    What year and color would you be looking for?
    Last edited by Big TP; 10-30-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Your drilled hole doesn’t stop the mild steel case and baffle from rusting. They still rust and corrode inside. Hence the reason the OEM uses the much more expensive t304 non magnetic stainless steel case and baffle. Not only does it last longer but it weighs less too.
    What pipes don't on most bikes???....If I wanted stocks, I would have kept them on the bike......Regards and ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by Big TP View Post
    What year and color would you be looking for?
    Black, year depending.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Black, year depending.
    Yep, one of those....."Once you go black, you never go back" kind of guys.

Two Brothers is awaiting your purchase!