Aftermarket Exhaust Upgrade - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Exhaust Upgrade

Great info and videos. Thanks. Taxfree video with the Two Brothers sounded real good.
    I just upgraded the speakers to the J&M Performance XT.
    Hate to negate my efforts with the wrong choice. Maybe stock the Tenxxx drill bit solution?
    Heading to Daytona tomorrow so you never know what can happen.
    What happens in Daytona never stays in Daytona
    Last edited by Big TP; 10-19-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big TP View Post

Looking to upgrade my stock exhaust mufflers. Any ideas or recommendations? Not really interested in getting too loud but maybe a nice rumble. Would the bike need a computer upgrade or flash?
    Big TP: I missed the 2nd part of your question. The bike doesn't need a reflash or upgrade for the exhaust change. I do recommend the ECM reset which is done by starting the bike from cold and allowing to completely warm up until the fans come on. ***Don't blip the throttle when you start the bike, just let the bike's EFI work from the beginning.*** [Note that this can take up to 15 minutes of idling, so be patient]

I was told by a Honda rep. NOT to reset my ECM, it was designed to do that itself, after installing torque loops & pipes. I did not reset it & it's running great. Took about 40-60 miles for it to figure it out but it's doing just fine. It was a tad rich at first.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    I was told by a Honda rep. NOT to reset my ECM, it was designed to do that itself, after installing torque loops & pipes. I did not reset it & it's running great. Took about 40-60 miles for it to figure it out but it's doing just fine. It was a tad rich at first.
    Yeap, my advice too. I run torque loops and a Jekill & Hide electrically controlled, adjustable, open exhaust system with no issues. The ECU reads all of the B's sensor's data as it is being ridden and will self adjust within certain built in parameters which you will never exceed by changing the exhaust system or the type of air filter used.

I know all about the great debate on resetting the ECU to stop cold stumble and some say it helps, but I have never had that problem on any of my EFI Hondas, nor noticed any difference after trying the generally recommended ECU reset procedure which I did for grins and giggles.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yeap, my advice too. I run torque loops and a Jekill & Hide electrically controlled, adjustable, open exhaust system with no issues. The ECU reads all of the B's sensor's data as it is being ridden and will self adjust within certain built in parameters which you will never exceed by changing the exhaust system or the type of air filter used.

I know all about the great debate on resetting the ECU to stop cold stumble and some say it helps, but I have never had that problem on any of my EFI Hondas, nor noticed any difference after trying the generally recommended ECU reset procedure which I did for grins and giggles.
    I also tried the ECU re-set a while back after much debate on this forum....Noticed absolutely nothing changed, including the cold stumble, and all it did was use some fuel and time for nothing...My dealer guys said this procedure is a total waste of time and effort......Regards and ride safe

I listen to tunes and in no way regret my TBR+Loopz combo. Its not loud at cruising speeds.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Rode up to Daytona and back on Saturday, about a 200 mile day and saw more than a few F6Bs.
    Most with stock pipes.
    Enjoyed the tunes with my stock pipes and felt an aftermarket exhaust would not affect the quality too much as some have said. So I guess it's a 50/50 gamble depending on which mufflers I go with.

That being said... Is there any "noticeable" difference in performance?
    Last edited by Big TP; 10-22-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Rode up to Daytona and back on Saturday, about a 200 mile day and saw more than a few F6Bs.
    Most with stock pipes.
    Enjoyed the tunes with my stock pipes and felt an aftermarket exhaust would not affect the quality too much as some have said. So I guess it's a 50/50 gamble depending on which mufflers I go with.

That being said... Is there any "noticeable" difference in performance?
    Not any performance gains that I can prove. But it does remove some weight. especially getting rid of the cats, if you do the Loopz.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Does anyone know of any adjustments that can be made to the stock mufflers to get a deeper sound? Baffle replacement? Baseball card in the spokes?

Does anyone know of any adjustments that can be made to the stock mufflers to get a deeper sound? Baffle replacement? Baseball card in the spokes?
    Some people have "drilled holes" of various diameters in the baffles.
    I think that would be - literally - hit or miss.
    I bought some of the black pipes from a '15 or '16 - they have a slightly throatier sound than the stock chrome '14 pipes.
    Still have yet to install them - waiting on some non-riding time.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce