Scratched my saddle bag!

Thread: Scratched my saddle bag!

Scratched my saddle bag!

I was getting everything ready for our trip to Daytona tomorrow. I was backing my bike out of the garage and bruched the step to our RV. Put a 2” scratch in the lower part of my saddle bag. Does anybody know where I can get Matt Grey touch up paint?
    Last edited by JBM Golf; 10-18-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBM Golf View Post
    I was getting everything ready for our trip to Daytona tomorrow. I was backing my bike out of the garage and bruched the step to our RV. Put a 2” scratch in the lower part of my saddle bag. Does anybody know where I can get Matt Grey touch up paint?
    I bought the matte white paint from Colorite; not to fix a scratch, but rather to paint the two filler pieces that cover the holes when the back rest is removed. Matte White was only a Deluxe color, Deluxes came standard with back rests, so Honda never made the pieces to cover the holes in matte white.

Anyway, I haven't painted the pieces yet, was waiting for the humidity levels to drop here in Texas. I do know that the matte white requires three different paints, if you're looking to do it right; a base, a top, and an eggshell clear coat. Your color doesn't appear to need the base, but the website is confusing on whether or not a clear coat is needed, (the disclaimer says it doesn't, but the order form says it does), so if you order, I'd shoot them a call.

https://www.colorrite.com/product/ho...allic-1423.cfm

Bottom line, if it was my bike, I'd wait until I got back from Daytona and do it right. Actually, I'd skip Daytona, because I hate big bike rallies, but that's another story. Good luck!
    Last edited by jmdaniel; 10-19-2018 at 08:26 AM.

I had a strap break while trailering my f6b (luckily while stopped). The bike leaned over but the only scratched part was the very back edge of the left bag, literally the spine where the back and side meet. I used the colorrite (red) and it covered it well and blended well. I did not do that great a job with it, but because of the location of the scratch, it didn't jump out to the eyes too much anyway. I thought it would bother me more than it does, but I don't look at or notice it day to day.

I got two bad marks on one bag and when tried to polish one out it got worse. In a very noticeable spot even though it was small. Was told the matt is very hard to touch up. I think was a pro $400 said to paint one bag. I went to low cost way with some decals and it looks OK and gives me a different look from all the other matt greys. IMG_5125.JPG

I understand, it's the "clear" that give it the matte finish. Double check w/ duplacolor, colorrite first.

Where did you get those decals?

Excellent solution

If it was me I'd pull both saddlebag covers and do this. Never have to worry about a scratch again and think it would look good with the matte silver.