Backrest input

Thread: Backrest input

Backrest input

I have money burning a hole in my pocket, so I want to add a backrest to my Corbin seat.

I want some advice on choosing one of the two options - Ovalbac or standard

http://corbin.com/honda/hf6bdte.shtml

Any thoughts?
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I put a Corbin w/Ovalback on my '15. Actually got the backrest for my wife. She hated it.

I bought her something else and moved the Ovalback to be my backrest and found out why she didn't like it... feels like a boulder! It's hard as a rock and doesn't move (like Utopia) for comfort.

Don't know about the "Standard". Could never get Corbin to answer any 'after-the-sale' questions. Horrible customer relations!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgeteer View Post
    I put a Corbin w/Ovalback on my '15. Actually got the backrest for my wife. She hated it.

I bought her something else and moved the Ovalback to be my backrest and found out why she didn't like it... feels like a boulder! It's hard as a rock and doesn't move (like Utopia) for comfort.

Don't know about the "Standard". Could never get Corbin to answer any 'after-the-sale' questions. Horrible customer relations!
    Thanks, this is helpful.

What other backrest did you get?

As for Corbin customer service, the rep I talked to on the phone today left a lot to be desired.

They were very good on the phone with me earlier this year in helping me purchase a seat.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I removed the oval from the Ovalback and exposed their bayonet type mounting system. Had a Utopia from my former bike ('02 Valk) which I adapted to the Ovalback mount.

With a little grinding and mounting and grinding and fitting... JOILA!

What a difference! My new Utopia/Ovalback (less the oval) is perfect. Just as comfortable as it was on my Valkyrie.