HeliBars worth the Big Bar Tab?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HeliBars worth the Big Bar Tab?

HeliBars worth the Big Bar Tab?

I know that this is an open ended question but need some first-hand opinions. I am considering Helibars but am wondering if Helibar owners would do it all over after riding with them.

I just completed my first 8,000 mile road-trip, averaging 500 miles a day. No real issues with neck pain but the bars could come back and down for a more natural arm position. I usually ride one-handed on the open road so I am able to switch hands for many of the miles. It is not like a hatchet in the back after a couple hundred miles but I feel it more in my lower back after a day's ride.

The bike is basically stock with an angry Stad shield, highway pegs and a stock seat, with a cheap $20 Costco pad. It works but probably not as good as a $600 RDL.

So, just wondering, based on your actual road experience, does the Helibars make this GREAT bike even GREATER?

I thought the Helis were too expensive at first. Risers helped somewhat. After the RDL seat moved me higher the bars needed help even more than before. I tried to look at several ways to change the bars and everything was also expensive or too complicated. In addition to wanting a higher handlebar I desired my wrist to be at less of an angle and more of a straight forward grip. I bit the bullet and found the install was really easy compared to what I was expecting and mounting on top of the risers was no problem. The adjustability is a huge improvement in comfort, I could have used another inch or two up for my liking but really apricate the ability to adjust where my hands are now located and at what angle. The hardware is all top quality stuff and the cross bar is not nearly in my way as much as I thought it would be. So yes I would say it is worth the money if hand position is important to you.

In my opinion, a Russell Day Long & a pair of Helibars is the best money you'll ever spend on your B...…………….or any bike.
    My bike came with a Ultimate, great saddle! It too is costly. This is my third RDL, my butt's always smiling when I ride. Check out their site.
    With cold weather right around the corner, now's the time to get on RDL's seat list. Jay will answer all your questions & help you in any way he can.
    With Helibars, a RDL on a B, you'll be a happy rider.

It was definitely with it to me!

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I thought the Helis were too expensive at first. Risers helped somewhat. After the RDL seat moved me higher the bars needed help even more than before. I tried to look at several ways to change the bars and everything was also expensive or too complicated. In addition to wanting a higher handlebar I desired my wrist to be at less of an angle and more of a straight forward grip. I bit the bullet and found the install was really easy compared to what I was expecting and mounting on top of the risers was no problem. The adjustability is a huge improvement in comfort, I could have used another inch or two up for my liking but really apricate the ability to adjust where my hands are now located and at what angle. The hardware is all top quality stuff and the cross bar is not nearly in my way as much as I thought it would be. So yes I would say it is worth the money if hand position is important to you.
    I think you have been through this once but, You had enough cable to install the Helibars on top of the risers? When I installed the risers (a while back) I thought I used up all the slack in the cables. Did you have to re-route anything?

I think I remember the only thing I had to do was remove one clamp that was holding down all the cables up toward the front of the gas tank and behind the upper triple tree.

Okay...Thanks!

Worth every cent. And you need a lot of them,lol. Adjustability is endless. Would I do it again? Absolutely. Being able to adjust wrist angle is the best part IMO.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by oldxtreme View Post
    I know that this is an open ended question but need some first-hand opinions. I am considering Helibars but am wondering if Helibar owners would do it all over after riding with them.
    ABSOLUTLY!!! 100% unequivocally YES... in a heart beat I would install Helibars again and never complain about the price. They and my RDL saddle made the B fit me like a glove. With the unbelievable amount of adjustability Helibars can be adjusted to fit 99.999% of the riders out there and if they can't be adjusted to suit you they resale real fast on the board.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Yep!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"