Some random musings

Thread: Some random musings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    Put a Corbin on a VMAX back in 90". Very hard but better than the stock seat. Nothing to wright home about.
    Stock seat: I was good for 45 minutes, then 30 minute stretches with small breaks in between.

Corbin: Good for 1.5 hours, then 45-60 minute stretches with small breaks in between.

Corbin seems to be best at the beginning of a long trip, and the end of a long trip. The seat could use more thigh support. It is significantly better than the Ultimate I had, which just kept sinking lower and lower until I felt like I was sitting sideways in a rubber playground swing.

Generally, I am happy with the Corbin. Seats are very personal.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Stock seat: I was good for 45 minutes, then 30 minute stretches with small breaks in between.

Corbin: Good for 1.5 hours, then 45-60 minute stretches with small breaks in between.

Corbin seems to be best at the beginning of a long trip, and the end of a long trip. The seat could use more thigh support. It is significantly better than the Ultimate I had, which just kept sinking lower and lower until I felt like I was sitting sideways in a rubber playground swing.

Generally, I am happy with the Corbin. Seats are very personal.
    Agree...Love the way the Corbin sets me down into the bike. But after an hour or so, I get the hot spots on my thigh. Got an Airhawk for the Colorado trip and I was able to ride the Corbin pain free for hours.

PA - count me in those stats, not on a bike fortunately, but totaled my Nissan mini-van at 0230 coming home from a gig...

Haven't seen any 4 legged dear here in SoCal, plenty of 2 legged does tho....Maybe when I head back north in a few months. 9k+ plus miles on the B so far this year, another 1500 or so on the other two. I have a small group of dear that one of the neighbors feed on my route home which have caused a few close calls. Fortunately I'm already slowing/slowed in their normal haunt. I generally have more issues with deer traveling in the truck than on my bikes for some reason the last few years. I've had plenty of close calls on the bikes in the past.