Some random musings
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some random musings

Some random musings

1. I just realized today that my factory warranty expired a couple of weeks ago.

2. Every single one of the 24,662 miles on my bike were put on it by me.

3. I experienced a somewhat rude salesperson at Corbin yesterday, when seeking advice on a backrest. Instead of spending $257 on a backrest, I purchased Ergo IIIs and a remote saddlebag lid release kit from Value Accessories ... a company I am proud to support, thanks to personal help I received from Rick when installing my Tridium fog lights. Not to mention, Gadgeteer did not exactly recommend the Corbin backrest.

4. Friends who hunt have texted me and said the rut is on. No more motorcycle commuting to work until at least next April.

5. I am somewhat glad the season is over. I think I have had my fill of riding. After 8700 miles, I noticed the last couple of rides were "meh". I am looking forward to installing a bunch of new accessories this winter, plus new tires! Time to prep the snowmobiles for winter.
    Last edited by VStarRider; 10-20-2018 at 05:38 PM.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

12,325 miles so far. Going for a 300+ ride tomorrow. Will be mid 30s when I leave home. Heated grips, gloves and jacket. I’m not going to give up until the salt trucks do there dirty deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    12,325 miles so far. Going for a 300+ ride tomorrow. Will be mid 30s when I leave home. Heated grips, gloves and jacket. I’m not going to give up until the salt trucks do there dirty deed.
    This season alone? If yes, WOW...impressive mileage for a northern climate.

Watch out for deer tomorrow! Just got home (in car), and I counted at least a dozen of 'em in a 30 mile round trip.
    Former Ride:
    Latest Addition:
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Normally I’d be closer to 15,000 miles but we had a lot of rain when I should have been riding. That and I only managed a 1 week vacation this summer and only 1 three day weekend. Three seasons ago I put on 17,000+ miles. I’m hoping to get another riding season like that in the near future. Glad you’ve had a good riding season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Normally I’d be closer to 15,000 miles but we had a lot of rain when I should have been riding. That and I only managed a 1 week vacation this summer and only 1 three day weekend. Three seasons ago I put on 17,000+ miles. I’m hoping to get another riding season like that in the near future. Glad you’ve had a good riding season.
    Guess I'm a little behind some of you guys...Had my 2013, purchased in October of that year, just hit 16,000 miles...Don't ride as much as I did when I was younger!!..Looking at 79 in January....Ride safe

This year I put more miles on the bike than the car for the first time in my riding career.
    Rode 950 miles in 3 days earlier this month. No problems at all. Felt fine when I got home and could have rode more.
    I ride more now at 65. More time I guess. And like to ride alone most of the time.
    Just got a V nose trailer set up, so may do some trips to NC and FLA this fall, winter, and spring.
    In the summer time I'd ride it all the way, but not too keen on cold weather, long distance riding.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Corbin is known for their rude reps......poor quality is a whole another problem, when you look under the cover..

Put a Corbin on a VMAX back in 90". Very hard but better than the stock seat. Nothing to wright home about.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    Put a Corbin on a VMAX back in 90". Very hard but better than the stock seat. Nothing to wright home about.
    Stock seat: I was good for 45 minutes, then 30 minute stretches with small breaks in between.

Corbin: Good for 1.5 hours, then 45-60 minute stretches with small breaks in between.

Corbin seems to be best at the beginning of a long trip, and the end of a long trip. The seat could use more thigh support. It is significantly better than the Ultimate I had, which just kept sinking lower and lower until I felt like I was sitting sideways in a rubber playground swing.

Generally, I am happy with the Corbin. Seats are very personal.
    Former Ride:
    Latest Addition:
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Stock seat: I was good for 45 minutes, then 30 minute stretches with small breaks in between.

Corbin: Good for 1.5 hours, then 45-60 minute stretches with small breaks in between.

Corbin seems to be best at the beginning of a long trip, and the end of a long trip. The seat could use more thigh support. It is significantly better than the Ultimate I had, which just kept sinking lower and lower until I felt like I was sitting sideways in a rubber playground swing.

Generally, I am happy with the Corbin. Seats are very personal.
    Agree...Love the way the Corbin sets me down into the bike. But after an hour or so, I get the hot spots on my thigh. Got an Airhawk for the Colorado trip and I was able to ride the Corbin pain free for hours.