Some random musings

Thread: Some random musings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Watch for the damn deer, everyday I see a new carcass along side the road. Rut is horrible this year, we have a herd of Does every night in our field.
    I rode 14K plus this year it was a great riding year.
    My brother was taken off his bike by a deer running out of the ditch, his life did not end, but he would have been better if it had. He has a severe TBI, and is half the person he was. So, when Rut starts the F6 goes to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumper View Post
    Watch for the damn deer, everyday I see a new carcass along side the road. Rut is horrible this year, we have a herd of Does every night in our field.
    I rode 14K plus this year it was a great riding year.
    My brother was taken off his bike by a deer running out of the ditch, his life did not end, but he would have been better if it had. He has a severe TBI, and is half the person he was. So, when Rut starts the F6 goes to bed.
    Same deal back east. At least one car-deer collision per day on my 37 mile drive to work on mostly rural county roads. Deer seem to be everywhere. Don't know how things have been in the upper midwest, but here in the interior northeast, we have had three mostly mild winters in a row. Not much of a weather-related die off. Populations will be interesting to see once people report their harvests to the NYSDEC on opening day of gun season in a few weeks.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6