Lots of rear lighting

Thread: Lots of rear lighting

Lots of rear lighting

Bike came to me with a lot of rear lighting. A couple of weeks ago I was told by someone following me that the difference between "run" and "brake" illumination was not a noticeable difference. The brake lights do pulse several times when they first come on and then go steady, don't know the name or brand. In an effort to increase brake lighting I ordered some LED strips from Radiantz. In the meantime I read about how to turn your turn signal lights into also run or brake also with switchback LEDs. Ordered those parts. While having the rear end disasembled decided to do both brake light increases, the turn signals and strips down each side of the tag. I do have some serious light in the rear now and a big difference is noticed between run and stop so that problem is solved. First picture is run and second is brake.
    IMG_5189.JPG IMG_5190.JPG

Kuryakyn

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!!!

Good job Mike!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

This is the video for the Rear LED Turn Signal / Brake Light Conversion.

Thanks Rick!
    I don't see her on the forums much anymore.
    Great gal!

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Bike came to me with a lot of rear lighting. A couple of weeks ago I was told by someone following me that the difference between "run" and "brake" illumination was not a noticeable difference. The brake lights do pulse several times when they first come on and then go steady, don't know the name or brand. In an effort to increase brake lighting I ordered some LED strips from Radiantz. In the meantime I read about how to turn your turn signal lights into also run or brake also with switchback LEDs. Ordered those parts. While having the rear end disasembled decided to do both brake light increases, the turn signals and strips down each side of the tag. I do have some serious light in the rear now and a big difference is noticed between run and stop so that problem is solved. First picture is run and second is brake.
    IMG_5189.JPG IMG_5190.JPG
    I noticed the same lack of brightness difference when I put the same parts on my bike. I think I used a 100 ohm (maybe 200) resister in the running light wire to dim them down a bit. Now quite noticeable difference when the brakes go on.

IMO. Lots of lights are good, obviously, but nothing activates the driver's subconscious like FLASHING LIGHTS. The Whelen TIR3 I just had installed backs cars off from 1/4 mile away thinking I am an emergency vehicle.

From 53Driver

https://youtu.be/V4fW2R5W7nk
    Last edited by Big TP; 11-07-2018 at 08:13 AM.