rear rack - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rear rack

I need one of these. New to here, what does the MP3 mean and do you have a link for one?

Quote Originally Posted by ledcat View Post
    I need one of these. New to here, what does the MP3 mean and do you have a link for one?
    MP3 was a brand of rack that was basically what most of thought the rack should be.
    The OEM is kinda narrow.

eBay or someone selling a used one on c-list, or here is your only hope.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Rack came in along with the mounting brackets separate but both arrived same day via two day free delivery. Quality of rack is superb. 3/16 heavy duty with good attachment hardware. Directions were a bit crude as in hand drawn. I had to purchase two Additional hex cap screws As for my installation the shortest were just 5mm too short. I have the standard F6B so no passenger backrest. Also the mounting brackets were from Big Bike Parts. I don't know if that made a difference with the hardware needed.
    Anyway the rake is really nice and solid. One last item, I don't really like drilling 13/16 holes in the covers for the mounting but couldn't find the pre drilled covers that come with the deluxe model as replacement parts. Any hints?

I haven't figured out how to post a picture but the rack looks just like the one Spiff125 posted. Just looks better on my gorgeous blue of course! ��

WEG
    Last edited by WEGI; 11-02-2018 at 07:26 PM.

learning my way around here. Posted a pic of my new rack. Did not get it here. I installed it on new post. Sorry!!