In Tennessee

Thread: In Tennessee

In Tennessee

We trailered 4 cycles from Wisconsin to Fairfield Glade, TN, today, a Goldwing, VTX 1800, a 1500 cc Valkyrie and my F6B.
    We plan on riding to Deals Gap, Blue Ridge Shyway, Wheels Thur Time, Daniel Boone National Park.
    And any other roads that we find.
    Weather looks good for the next couple of days should be a blast before winter hits back home.

Looks like you’re in for a great time! Enjoy and ride safe.

Definitely a bucket list item for me, ride safe!

Since you are doing the Tail and the Cherohala Skyway, get a map and do the Tellico River Road that runs along the river...guess that is why it is called River Road. Missed the road to the Skyway and ended up on this road which is a great ride. I think it is Forest Service Road 210. There is a waterfall right off the road called Bald River Falls. No traffic and lot of windy road. You are sort of riding in a tree tunnel.

If you are out for a great ,scenic, laid back ride, you should put this on your list.

Forgot to mention, make sure you take Turkey Creek Road back to the Cherohala off of River Road because most of the roads going up the mountain side turn into narrow, four-wheel paths! Not real good big bike roads! One local told me that, when when I was asking directions to the Skyway that a lot of the side roads start off with blacktop then turn to rocks and ruts, too narrow to turn around. Suggest that you find a local to ask, ask before you start up one of those side roads. Or, send your best rider with the worst bike up first and have him give you a call if he reaches the top.

I know that Turkey is blacktop, with a few potholes, all the way to the top.

We found some great roads one was Calfkiller hi-way thur the woods and the road was about a foot higher than the ground, no forgiveness if you go off the road. I believe hi-way 96 was another then we took and then went to Stand Rock Park. At the end we stopped at Big Eds BBQ to end the day.
    We only took a few pictures.
    Last edited by JackB; 10-23-2018 at 06:39 AM.