What Buffing Compound
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Buffing Compound

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina

What Buffing Compound

I have a 2016 matt white F6B. I was told I shouldn't use wax or wax compounds on it. Is this true?
    I have a scuff mark on the left bag and thought about using some fine rubbing compound on it, but thought I better ask around first.
    What do you gentlemen suggest?

Thank you

Use Lucas slick mist, have on all my bikes for many years use a micro cloth, does great on windshields as well !

Try Goof Off. Any type of wax on matte will create a shiny spot.

Define "scuff"; what caused it? I have a '16 matte white as well.

Was in a custom bike paint shop last week. The shop owner was repainting a small area on a Scout w/ matte finish that someone had compounded. He said the matte is done with a special clear coat.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    Was in a custom bike paint shop last week. The shop owner was repainting a small area on a Scout w/ matte finish that someone had compounded. He said the matte is done with a special clear coat.
    Correct. The stuff I bought from Colorite to paint those small covers that cover the screw holes when I pull the backrest off includes an eggshell clear coat.

This is part of a three part kit I use from Dr. Beasley. Bugs and road tar melt off before my eyes, but without knowing what the scuff is, I can't say it would work for the OP.

https://www.drbeasleys.com/matte-paint-cleanser.html

And before anyone comments on the price, if $35 is too much to take care of a bike that cost anywhere from $16K to $24K new, you think differently than I do.

You will not hear me gripe of price.I've spent crap bunch on my bikes and that's ok.I ain't running strange more crazy women or drinking more than I already do !

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    This is part of a three part kit I use from Dr. Beasley. Bugs and road tar melt off before my eyes, but without knowing what the scuff is, I can't say it would work for the OP.

https://www.drbeasleys.com/matte-paint-cleanser.html

And before anyone comments on the price, if $35 is too much to take care of a bike that cost anywhere from $16K to $24K new, you think differently than I do.
    I've had great luck with Chemical Guys matte care products, just tried some of Dr Beasleys products on my car, great stuff, But I've always spent good money on good products including oil too. Most of my friends freak out when I tell them how much I spend on detailing my vehicles. But I live in a 1980 Mobile home and am single.
    By the way $35 is not bad, just spent $150 on headlight coating and a leather care kit from Dr Beasley!

Yeah I tried a very good scratch remover that I have been using for years and it leaves a shine on the Matte afterwards, use nothing that will polish or an abrasive on the matte finish, hopefully someone will come along with something, maybe try the Dr. Beasley matte cleaner, let us know what you find, then I think your best bet is to get a quality matte finish sealer on the paint and use a car wash soap designed for matte finish. Good luck