What Buffing Compound - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Buffing Compound

Quote Originally Posted by tpwood View Post
    I've had great luck with Chemical Guys matte care products, just tried some of Dr Beasleys products on my car, great stuff, But I've always spent good money on good products including oil too. Most of my friends freak out when I tell them how much I spend on detailing my vehicles. But I live in a 1980 Mobile home and am single.
    By the way $35 is not bad, just spent $150 on headlight coating and a leather care kit from Dr Beasley!
    Thank you. The only reason I wrote that is that I have suggested Beasley in the past, and been lambasted by folks saying crap like, "Lemon Pledge only costs $3 a can!". Yeah, and I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm dusting my credenza...

Quote Originally Posted by tpwood View Post
    Yeah I tried a very good scratch remover that I have been using for years and it leaves a shine on the Matte afterwards, use nothing that will polish or an abrasive on the matte finish, hopefully someone will come along with something, maybe try the Dr. Beasley matte cleaner, let us know what you find, then I think your best bet is to get a quality matte finish sealer on the paint and use a car wash soap designed for matte finish. Good luck
    The kit I bought from Beasley has all three of those products in it. It costs $99, but a little goes a very long way on the B. For example, a capful of the soap in a gallon of hot water is all I need for a wash, and I still end up dumping half the solution out.

There are several websites with detailed information on caring for matte finishes. Most are car-focused, but I found the info useful when I bought my matte white F6B. Just run a search.

Avoid rubbing matte paint much or you'll end up with a very noticeable shiny spot. There are many matte-safe products on the market. Meguiar's makes several, and you can buy them in places like Walmart. Not all are matte safe, so make sure to read the fine print on the label! It will specifically state if it is safe for matte finishes.

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina
    I am not really sure what happened. It looks as if it might have been a plastic part of a car bumper...not sure....its about 3inches by 3 inches......and is hard to notice.....but you guys know.....you see every little imperfection on your bike.....I had a boot mark on the other side on the saddle bag.....colgate toothpaste took care of that......I was impressed.....I might try that on this mark also...

Bet there's at least 1 U-Tube video on it...……..heaven knows there's every other type of video on there..... Most are very helpful, some are not.

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina
    Whoooo hoooo....!!!!! Hey you guys. I LOVE COLGATE toothpaste!!!!! It has now taken off two different scrapes on my Matt White F6B! I put a large thick patch of that toothpaste over the mark....when I applied it....I probably put a 4 inch by 4 inch thick covering over the mark, then went about doing some other things in the garage. 15 min later I wiped off the toothpaste with a wet micro fiber rag. The mark was gone!. I couldnt believe it. I think I better buy a tube of that stuff and keep it in the bike....heck maybe I better brush my teeth with it too

I am happy.

This might sound strange but I have a 2013 black and it had the worst paint mother honda had ever put out. Most if not all of the 2013 owners have been screaming since pickup. I waxed my black with a Production product called gemini and then put the clear coat on that they advertise with the mud on facebook and let me tell you I worked. My finish is incredible. I also use another production product anti static show room conditioner. Its not a wax but you spray on and wipe off.