Mustang Seat?

Thread: Mustang Seat?

Mustang Seat?

For those that have the Mustang seat does it really push you noticeably back compared to the stock seat?

I wouldn't mind being 1" lower, but don't want to be further from the bars. With the stock seat I can adjust my riding position to be up closer and more aggressive or sit further back when relaxed. I guess installing risers would solve being further back on the Mustang.

I have one of the original seats, don't know what they have changed from those. When I got mine, it came quickly, did not fit properly, sent back, repaired and back in my hands and under my butt very quickly I thought I might need handlebar risers when I installed the Mustang but was pleasantly surprised that the lower and further back seating position was perfectly comfortable to me without any handlebar adjustment.

But back to your question, yes, the seat does move rider position lower and to the rear of the bike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I put Risers on mine and it fits me well with the Mustang but I'm only 5'5". I don't understand why the seat manufactures don't make there seats narrower at the front, my Wing seat is 3" narrower where your legs come down along the side panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I have one of the original seats, don't know what they have changed from those. When I got mine, it came quickly, did not fit properly, sent back, repaired and back in my hands and under my butt very quickly I thought I might need handlebar risers when I installed the Mustang but was pleasantly surprised that the lower and further back seating position was perfectly comfortable to me without any handlebar adjustment.

But back to your question, yes, the seat does move rider position lower and to the rear of the bike.
    Thanks for the response. I just got the F6 and have a weekend trip to the hill country planned in a couple weeks so will see how the stock seat does on that trip before I decide to switch it out. I've had a few Mustang seats before and they have always worked for me. Does the Mustang for the F6 still allow you to move forward and back to adjust your seating position like the stock seat or is your butt more in a fixed position?

The answer is yes....the Mustang does move you down 1 " and maybe a little back...

You can move up and back as well, but the material will keep you in one spot as well...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com