New Valkyrie!!! 2014
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Valkyrie!!! 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Son of a Bitch!! I wish I had waited!!

That is Gorgeous!

I get a kick at how the old folks say Honda is not moving forward....looks to me like they are moving forward by leaps and bounds.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

NEW Video with detailed photos, shows ABS (maybe does not have linked system)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKSeD2MQAok#t=19

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

HMMMM???? Maybe it will grow on me after awhile. Narrow fairing makes it look like a Triumph rocket 3 to me, kind of humped up a little to much with that 6 gallon tank, dont like
    the shortened Rune headlight either. It doesnt look like a cruiser to me, looks like a euro touring bike on steroids, F6B is a better looking bike IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

Maybe ABS for the rest of the planet other than the U.S. like on the F6B (thanks, North American Honda!)

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Honda USA website says ABS is available. Perhaps as an option/part of a package.

I still have trouble understanding why people that ride get so "hung-up" on ABS brakes. Most bike publications feel that Honda's linked braking system works just fine on the F6B..I have been riding for over 50 years and have not noticed much difference in either system..I guess it is a personal thing like cruise control, but I personally have little use for either with my riding style...JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I still have trouble understanding why people that ride get so "hung-up" on ABS brakes. Most bike publications feel that Honda's linked braking system works just fine on the F6B..I have been riding for over 50 years and have not noticed much difference in either system..I guess it is a personal thing like cruise control, but I personally have little use for either with my riding style...JMHO
    I second the motion! The linked brakes saved me just fine when I skirted between Bambi2 and Bambi3 the other day! I also would add "Didn't you know the F6B you bought didn't have ABS or a cruise control or an air bag or reverse or NAV or a wind shield! That is what makes it an F6B.

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

Honda designers are continuing to tweak the general movement toward really sleek, fluid lines. Although this bike is eye-candy to my artistic side, I wouldn't buy it.

My needs continue to be for a tourer that has locking security in bags, and one that is large enough and stable enough, that long days OTR are rejuvenating rather than wearing. This bike would be awesome for day rides, but then, where would I put my water bottle and store the layers coming off? Hmmmm, I'd need a backpack... sigh. Stopped being a mule years ago.

This one will definitely have buyers, and fits a certain demographic. I wish Honda well in its sales. I wonder if the paint is the same quality as the F6b?
    "If it moves, paint it."

I'll pass, I like the original Valkyrie.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.