New Valkyrie!!! 2014 - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: New Valkyrie!!! 2014

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    who want the kind of performance no cruiser can match

Well, that may depend on your definition of performance,,,,

Until they change the overall design of the old 6, it won't be the fastest cruiser,,, if fastest is part of your 'performance' equation,,,,

Cruisers with 'traditional/conservative' designed 300cc chambers serviced by 2 valves red-lining at 6K are going to need at least 6 cylinders to 'keep up' with bikes a lot older than themselves.

Not slammin the 6,,, Just sayin it's a bit long in the tooth,,,

Quote Originally Posted by ChiSteve View Post
    Golding - x = f6b
    F6b - y = Valkyrie
    I just knew one day that algebra would come in handy!
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think it's butt ugly -- like someone didn't follow the wash directions and shrunk/melted a f6b. I own a 99 valk and like it waaaay better. So, as I LOVE my F6B -- I used a semi impartial judge . I informed the little lady that there was in fact a new valk coming out and her response was oh no are you going to trade in the f6 -- I mean you almost have to !! I said hold on and showed her a pic -- her response was OH HELL NO !!! IS THIS A JOKE!!
    So there you have it

but am kinda hoping someone will in fact get off their butts and make go fast stuff for the 1800-- its no slouch but I do have a busa in my stable if i need to bend light

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xzvs View Post
    her response was OH HELL NO !!! IS THIS A JOKE!!

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xzvs View Post
    but am kinda hoping someone will in fact get off their butts and make go fast stuff for the 1800--
    Would be nice,,, Not that I'd buy a bunch, but I'd like to see something come along that nets more than 3 HP,,,

I've seen fully dressed Gold Wings toast more than one V-twin cruiser so the basic 2 valve motor is still potent. I doubt Honda is going to spend a ton of money modifying an engine that already puts out 100 ft/lbs of torque just above idle which is probably a wise move. Cheap to make and hopefully sold to the public at a seriously affordable price, the new Valkyrie should have enough shove to keep the most riders happy. I'm curious about the handling. The 67 inch wheelbase and 19 inch front rim aren't really the first thing on the wishlist for a sporty handling machine. Can't wait to ride one.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I get a kick at how the old folks say Honda is not moving forward....looks to me like they are moving forward by leaps and bounds.....
    I Agree Steve!
    Let it be known and let it be written, this is the best bike I've ever owned, and I ain't shittin!

I like it and I'm considering it in blue and the ctx1300 in deluxe red. Some keep saying they won't consider it because of no wind screen and saddlebags, but those are clearly listed as genuine honda accessories for the bike.. I agree it may "ruin" the look of the bike, but I'm waiting to see what honda has come up with for both the valkyrie and the tall windscreen and trunk for the ctx1300 before I make my final decision.

I agree, except I like them both in blue and plan on riding them both when they make it to dealerships!