Premium Octane?

Thread: Premium Octane?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dave, Thanks for your information. I too have a 98 Tourer with Dyna 3000 ignition set to 7 degrees advanced and the Rev limiter turned off. Although I never run it THAT hard it needs to have Octane to prevent pre ignition problems. It is a very strong runner. I have experimented a little on my 13 F6B as well, just seeing if I notice any difference and I believe I do see some improvements in drive ability performance etc. with Octane boost. I think it just counteracts with all the grain alcohol gas we have here in the midwest. Wish I could find a source that did not have it. Not looking forward to the future , as they are forcing higher % of grain based fuels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokomo Kevin View Post
    Dave, Thanks for your information. I too have a 98 Tourer with Dyna 3000 ignition set to 7 degrees advanced and the Rev limiter turned off. Although I never run it THAT hard it needs to have Octane to prevent pre ignition problems. It is a very strong runner. I have experimented a little on my 13 F6B as well, just seeing if I notice any difference and I believe I do see some improvements in drive ability performance etc. with Octane boost. I think it just counteracts with all the grain alcohol gas we have here in the midwest. Wish I could find a source that did not have it. Not looking forward to the future , as they are forcing higher % of grain based fuels.
    I was thrilled when a Murphy Express station opened near my house recently. It sells mid grade 'pure gas' for a little more than their price for the ethanol stuff.