Hot Item! Owner's Manuals???

Thread: Hot Item! Owner's Manuals???

Hot Item! Owner's Manuals???

When I bought my 13 F6BD a couple of months ago, the previous owner lost the owner's manual. OK, No biggie..
    Ha... I call the 3 closest dealers, nope. I checked Ebay, nope. Craigslist, nope. Amazon, nope.

I call the dealer to have one ordered to print. They said it will take a couple of weeks.

Soooooo a couple of months later after multiple call backs, still nothing. All the while checking online every few days if I can locate one. Nothing.

Then out of the blue today on Ebay I find a dealer in Seattle had 38 for sale of which 33 were already gone! Huh?

I snagged one and it's on it's way.

Think I will lock it away for investment purposes with my cabbage patch dolls.

And yes, I did print one from a PDF file online but the only one available must have been for an overseas market. Different verbiage, service intervals, spellings, plus way too big to carry a huge binder in my saddlebag.

Same here... kind of a letdown when I got it - but I feel better having it.

I have an extra one, but it is in French

Quote Originally Posted by lurking luddite View Post
    The one I found on line had the cover page in English, Spanish and Italian,maybe Portuguese.
    Not a big deal but I am pretty sure the maintenance schedule in other markets are different than in the US due to fuel standards, environmental regulations, safety regs.
    Bike just feels incomplete without an original manual, that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by lurking luddite View Post
    In French, you say?
    Here is a video review of the F6B - note the differences from the American version and the French version!
    (and enjoy the story! The video of him scraping the Engine Guard is pretty cool too)
    https://youtu.be/RABRHvvIXhY

Cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by 53driver; 10-26-2018 at 08:24 AM.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    In French, you say?
    Here is a video review of the F6B - note the differences from the American version and the French version!
    (and enjoy the story! The video of him scraping the Engine Guard is pretty cool too)
    https://youtu.be/RABRHvvIXhY

Cheers,
    Steve
    Good Video LOL!!
    ITS ALL GOOD

That video is priceless, thanks.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Many manufacturers make PDFs of their owner's manuals available online. I often download them and keep a copy on my phone.

Those pointy toe cockroach killers are the perfect boot for shifting the F6B. I can't make my workbooks do it unless I upshift with the side of my sole
    Last edited by Heatnbeat; 10-26-2018 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Mis typed

Quote Originally Posted by Big TP View Post
    When I bought my 13 F6BD a couple of months ago, the previous owner lost the owner's manual. OK, No biggie..
    Ha... I call the 3 closest dealers, nope. I checked Ebay, nope. Craigslist, nope. Amazon, nope.

I call the dealer to have one ordered to print. They said it will take a couple of weeks.

Soooooo a couple of months later after multiple call backs, still nothing. All the while checking online every few days if I can locate one. Nothing.

Then out of the blue today on Ebay I find a dealer in Seattle had 38 for sale of which 33 were already gone! Huh?

I snagged one and it's on it's way.

Think I will lock it away for investment purposes with my cabbage patch dolls.

And yes, I did print one from a PDF file online but the only one available must have been for an overseas market. Different verbiage, service intervals, spellings, plus way too big to carry a huge binder in my saddlebag.
    Just as I suspected...

Well I received my hard copy manual today and as suspected there are many discrepancies between the official Honda manual from the dealer and the online PDF one available through a secondary source.
    Service intervals, Service requirements.....Not nearly as comprehensive or detailed and very erroneous.
    If it's not from Honda, don't refer to it. IMO