What if..... - Page 17
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: What if.....

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    What if...
    ...I HAVE to go neighborhood caroling now?
    (gotta find the flask...)
    There's still caroling? Onward Christian Soldier
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

What if...
    ...caroling turned out to be an excuse to ride in a wagon full of hay, behind a tractor, drinking 'fortified' egg nog and singing loudly?

What if...
    ...caroling turned out to be an excuse to ride in a wagon full of hay, behind a tractor, drinking 'fortified' egg nog and singing loudly?
    Thats the spirit
    ITS ALL GOOD

What if...
    ...."And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
    And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
    And the angel said unto them, “Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
    For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ, the Lord.
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.”
    And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, “Glory to God in the Highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.”

And THAT is what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown. ♥
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

What if...
    ...."And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
    And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
    And the angel said unto them, “Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
    For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ, the Lord.
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.”
    And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, “Glory to God in the Highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.”

And THAT is what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown. ♥
    I'll second that!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

What if...my birthday?

What if...
    ...today is my 56th birthday?
    I'm now as old as my father was when I went to Desert Shield a week after Hussein invaded Kuwait. I honestly wasn't convinced I was coming home in an animated piece. The "million man Army" and the elite "Republican Guard" had all these Soviet weapons designed to take out helicopters. As arguably one of the better pilots in the squadron, the difficult missions would be including me; that was a given.

My dad wasn't sure I'd be coming home either. Mom didn't say anything. Dad had recently made a "life-transition" - building his home-based business, trying to make some sort of fortune after being a company man for 35+ years and getting run over.
    They were "financially okay" with 2 kids through the Naval Academy, one a Capt in the USMC, the other a LTJG in the Navy, the 3d a new 2ndLt from an AF ROTC scholarship, and 1 kid still living at home, but heading out the door soon to USNA.

We often compare ourselves to our parents to determine "success."
    Here I am, at that same age now, financially comfortable (not going to buy a fleet of Ferraris but not worried about buying the high end cuts of beef either), not needing to work daily, and thoroughly enjoying my daily life.
    Both my daughters are doing well. They both have jobs they love and are getting paid to do them.
    This compared to where he was, getting up at 06, showering, shaving, putting on his suit and "going to work" in the back office in the house to make money for the next meal, mortgage, insurance, etc. Over the next 20 years, he made a LOT of money in his home based business. From age 56-75, he made more than enough to let him travel the world, "work" on mid-sized sailing vessels - the schooner "Zodiac" out of Washington State was his favorite. However, at age 68, his doctor put him on a heavy dose of Lipitor to combat a cholesterol issue and after ten years on the statins, his leg muscles had degraded such that he could only do the "Tim Conway Old Man" shuffle and has been basically unable to comfortably motigate himself about since 2010. At age 84 now, sailing on the Zodiac has sadly not been an option for him for several years.

As I look towards the next 20+ years of my life, I want to be on two wheels, 'sailing' the country, meeting new and interesting people, and thoroughly enjoying the friends I have made over my life time.
    With the help of a very significant friend to keep me accountable, I've started a path towards a healthier lifestyle that not even the USMC could instill in me while I was serving.
    My goal is to get rid of about 35 pounds (210 to 175), get off my blood pressure meds (should happen when I lose the weight) and maintain proper body chemistry to avoid having to go on any "long-term" scripts.
    Cancers cannot exist and propagate in an alkaline environment, while they do thrive in an acidic one.
    Bottom line: eating the right foods and the GOOD right foods is paramount to success in this goal. They can be made very tasty as well. The age old question "Synthetic or Dino" DOES matter! No GMO for me, please.
    Proper daily dosages of "non GMO anti-micobials" (scotch, bourbon, etc) also help.

So, on this day, I wish all of you the best in the coming Year. 2019 is going to rock!
    Don't make New Year's Resolutions - make Life Goals. If you can do something for 30 days, it becomes routine.
    Sláinte mhaith my friends,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Well put. Hope it works out.
    2013 F6B in black of course

What if...
    ...I survived my 56th birthday?

And then I changed Isleen's oil? Rotella T6.
    Bosch filter.
    She's so happy!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce