Shipping an F6B from Ohio to CT - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shipping an F6B from Ohio to CT

Check cycletrader.com that had several.

Used Federal Motor Transport ((800) 747-4100 x2217) this summer to ship bike from upstate NY to Tacoma - $700. All went well.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Fly me out of Pensacola airport into Ohio.
    I'll ride your bike to CT.
    Then fly me home.
    I'm available tomorrow!
    I was available yesterday!

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Thanks I`m trying to get quotes from all your suggestions .. I`ll post here who wins and how much.

Keyboard sound good at $625 but I need to have room for an 80 ft trailer at pickup and delivery.. Sounds like you have to meet at a school or church parking lot.....Just checked the website... I`ll call tomorrow

Have you considered Autotrain? I shipped my Honda Accord from DC to Dallas for $600. I remember them saying that they ship motorcycles too.

Quote Originally Posted by WEGI View Post
    Hi Fishman

I have used Keyboard Transport for MA to FL and WI to FL for a Kawa V1700 and my F6B. $650 for the WI to FL distance April 2017. Don't hurt to check them out. 270-737-5797. They are in Kentucky I believe. Also have a website you can google.

WEG
    I used Keyboard back when I bought my FJR new from a dealer in MN, to ship to me in TX. Great service/decent price, although I won't quote the latter here, because it was over 12 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman57 View Post
    Hi
    has anyone used a reasonable shipping company lately?
    I`m getting quotes of around $1000 for a 475 mile ride for an F6B...Higher than I got for a car from Palm Beach Fl.
    Uship says they`re average cost for this should be around $300.
    But I`ve never shipped a vehicle so not sure what is reasonable.
    I could go and pick it up , but it would be a long day with a borrowed or rented trailer. Any suggestions?
    Soon to be a F6B rider... Thanks Thomas
    Contact USN Logistics LLC (on the internet) for a quote. Dealer I work with in Barrington IL uses him all the time to ship bikes around the country. He has 5 star rating and has always seemed reasonable priced.

OK Guys, So I posted on Uship who handles Ebay purchases for quotes after I called or emailed all the suggested shippers recommended by members here.Got some crazy quotes for open transport! I was ready to drive or fly out and ride back as suggested by more than 1 member....The only one that came back with a reasonable rate for an enclosed trailer very close to my requested dates was AP Ventures based in Georgia. They responded with an offer not that much higher than my offer and alot lower than all of the other recommended or Googled shippers. April from AP Ventures picked up my F6B on time . kept me posted, arrived here on time , after great communications and bike was very securely strapped into her 30ft. enclosed trailer. If you need a shipper I would recommend this company without reservation. I thought it would be quick and easy to transport my bike from Ohio to CT. It wasn`t until I found this shipper.Hope this helps anyone looking to have something shipped . Now to start riding my new F6B !! Thanks April and AP Venture!

I'm very happy for you that it all worked out!

Enjoy your new ride!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce