Harley Woes - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harley Woes

I just read on Yahoo that Harley is recalling 178,000 units to fix the clutches. That should help the situation.

Harley will stick to their old ways to the bitter end. They do try to keep up with the tech. But there is only so much you can do.
    They may eventually be like Tesla.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    Harley will stick to their old ways to the bitter end. They do try to keep up with the tech. But there is only so much you can do.
    They may eventually be like Tesla.
    Harley is “Turning the page” in an attempt to appeal to younger riders.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...tion-of-riders

Quote Originally Posted by Cali261 View Post
    Harley is “Turning the page” in an attempt to appeal to younger riders.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...tion-of-riders
    I think they're all doing that to some degree. The new Wing is one of several Hondas aimed at younger riders. Surely everyone in the industry is aware of the demographic shifts shrinking their customer base.

I don't know how successful these new bikes are. Personally, when I'm out on the road I hardly see any of them, nor do I see many young riders.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
    Might be missing something here.....
    It's the parents, they are not parenting...
    Way back when...... my father taught me how to:
    Change a car tire, auto maintenance and repair
    Cut the lawn, Shovel the Snow, rake the leaves......
    Go camping, pitch a tent, start a fire with sticks......
    Firearm safety, Archery, Hunt Deer on Opening Day, gut a deer, and process the meat...
    Clean the gutters, paint the garage.....
    Play baseball, play football, play hockey....
    Ride a motorcycle...

Parents today are are simply not parenting.
    If parents only did their job, our country would still be Great, and no need to "Make America Great Again."
    ....and we'd have kids who would actually want to ride instead of playing video games or deciding what restroom to use...
    Kids? Unfortunately grown men would rather play video games or stare at their phone 24/7. I'm amazed when I'm out and about how many people can't put that little screen away for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I think they're all doing that to some degree. The new Wing is one of several Hondas aimed at younger riders. Surely everyone in the industry is aware of the demographic shifts shrinking their customer base.

I don't know how successful these new bikes are. Personally, when I'm out on the road I hardly see any of them, nor do I see many young riders.
    I have not seen "one" new 2018 GW on the road anywhere in Michigan yet...The same one's that were on the floor at my dealer last Spring are still sitting there except for one silver basic model.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    Kids? Unfortunately grown men would rather play video games or stare at their phone 24/7. I'm amazed when I'm out and about how many people can't put that little screen away for anything.
    I know. I stopped at a nearby bar for a Coors last week. I remember when guys at a bar would talk about things like sports, or cars, or motorcycles. Now they are all looking at their phones. So much for socializing at the neighborhood tavern!

We live in a really "sick society" anymore....Technology is going to eat us up and spit us out!!!...It is really a sad state of affairs when one thinks about what is really going on with people that are "addicted" to video games and smart/dumb phones....Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    We live in a really "sick society" anymore....Technology is going to eat us up and spit us out!!!...It is really a sad state of affairs when one thinks about what is really going on with people that are "addicted" to video games and smart/dumb phones....Regards
    Saw a news story the other night where Silicon Valley Executives send their kids to schools that prohibit tablets and screens and teach the old fashioned way, real books, real paper and real pencils. If the silicon valley execs keep it from their kids, that should be telling us something.

Kids are not taught cursive any more, can't read or write it.

why-tech-moguls-send-their-kids-to-anti-tech-schools-2017-11

'Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the byproduct of horsepower.'

Im gonna quote you Dave. Ive owned 4. Never again. Just a comment about the new wing. They made a mistake cutting the storage down on the new ones in my opinion and from what I read Im not the only one who feels that way. Appealing to the younger crowd isnt where most of there sales in the past come from. The younger crowd and now alot of the older crowd are into there cell phones. As you mention go to the bar or restaurant and everyone has there face in there cell phones. What a nice evening with the wife take her out to eat and just look at your cell phone. Not to mention when you are waiting at stop light especially if its a short cycling light people have there face in there cell phone instead of paying attention to the light. Some people would actually like to get where they are going. Al
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.