New Lids for us

Thread: New Lids for us

New Lids for us

So Christmas came early, i decided to get some new helmets for the wife and I. Since this F6B blocks so much wind for me (i ride with various windscreens, the tallest being the LRS Taka 9") I ride with my Arai full face visor open 95% of the time. So, Ive been thinking Modular, but can't stand the "full sail" look and they aren't generally made to be ridden in the open setting. Then I stumbled across this version made by Shark. The long and short of it is the helmet converts from full face to 3/4. Has a drop down visor and a pinlock insert. Best of all, It fits in my side bag. No more carrying my helmet in to work, which is actually a very long walk compared to most, about 6 min to my locker. Should give me a lot more wind on those hot days.
    https://youtu.be/V1NreDGlCvo

s-l1600.jpg

That model is my wife's, I chose the one in the video above
    Last edited by broncsrule21; 11-01-2018 at 10:39 AM.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

The helmet in the vid had no marks on it....
    While I'm sure it's DOT blessed, do you know if it is Snell and/or ECE approved?
    Thanks,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Website says...

ECE-22.05 certified.

https://www.championhelmets.com/en/h...ark/evo-one-2/

Trying to figure how to size one.
    They are nice looking.

Not rated by Snell. Here are a link to the certifications, and its SHARP rating. I believe SHARP has to do with the chin guard holding up on a modular.
    https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/shark-evo-one/
    https://us.shark-helmets.com/pages/s...helmets-safety

On another note. Went riding and love the open face.

Quote Originally Posted by billsim View Post
    Website says...

ECE-22.05 certified.

https://www.championhelmets.com/en/h...ark/evo-one-2/

Trying to figure how to size one.
    They are nice looking.

I wasn't sure on sizing, I was able to try a LG on at my local Cycle Gear. The LG had a little wiggle room, so I ordered a medium. Europe has some different color options than the ones sold here, so I ordered online. Also a bonus of doing that, my helmet came with a ratcheting quick release strap instead of the "d" ring that are on the US versions. I ordered from the Netherlands, via Ebay, free shipping...was here Fed Ex in 3 business days!! beat that Amazon!

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    I ordered from the Netherlands, via Ebay, free shipping...was here Fed Ex in 3 business days!! beat that Amazon!
    Did the same thing as you ordering via Netherlands. Have had the Shark Evo-One for a couple seasons now (mine is white with black and red striping). Third Shark helmet. Love 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    I wasn't sure on sizing, I was able to try a LG on at my local Cycle Gear. The LG had a little wiggle room, so I ordered a medium. Europe has some different color options than the ones sold here, so I ordered online. Also a bonus of doing that, my helmet came with a ratcheting quick release strap instead of the "d" ring that are on the US versions. I ordered from the Netherlands, via Ebay, free shipping...was here Fed Ex in 3 business days!! beat that Amazon!
    I really like the ratchet a lot better that the d-ring. Lots easier with gloves.
    thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    The helmet in the vid had no marks on it....
    While I'm sure it's DOT blessed, do you know if it is Snell and/or ECE approved?
    Thanks,
    Steve
    I think that modular helmets can't get SNELL approval.....only full face helmets. For some reason, they don't like your chin scraping the concrete at 85 mph.