checking out a 2016 F6B got questions
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: checking out a 2016 F6B got questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

checking out a 2016 F6B got questions

Hey all, been looking and found a 2016 f6b with 15k. Some scuffs here and there on the saddlebags, alot of looks like wax on the black plastic. The previous owner, not in contact with, this bike is at a used bike dealer, FYI. This bike has a car tire for a rear tire, tried the search function and came up with nothing in regards to "car tire". Whats with the car tire tire out back, you folks running this setup, how is it?Also, the link to the The radio-knob-key thing for the bags/gas cap/accessory cubby is EXTREMELY convenient http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...ghlight=owner doesn't get to where I think it should be, how do I get this item? Previous owner for some reason took off all the badges on the bike. The round ones on the side have been replaced with some logo that lights up, kinda wierd, F6B logos removed on each side cover, the goldwing logo on the console was covered up, can't remember about the front.

Hey, ledcat... sounds like you've found a little gem, maybe... depending on the price. A few scuffs here and there won't affect the ride...and it is a GREAT ride... and you may be able to clean 'em up and pretty her up fairly easily if they aren't deep.

As for the car tire on the back... quite a few members swear by the "dark side" and the mileage on a car tire with that setup vs replacing a motorcycle tire every 10-20k miles. If you search dark side, I'm sure you'll find plenty of opinions.

The badges are another thing... just the former owner's way of personalizing his/her bike. The F6B is a bit of a surprise to a lot of folks, and de-badging it keeps people in the dark about what machine it is. Some riders just like the cleaner look of the bike without her badges.

The radio-knob-key thing is a custom item that lots of riders have made for themselves. I don't think I've ever read about someone building them out for retail... but it's not difficult to make that accessory on your own.

I'm sure you'll hear from others shortly.

Ride safe, my friend.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Previous owner had removed the fairing badges and put some round logo item in it's place that lights up with everything else. Have no idea what the logo stands for. Off to search for the dark side. WoW, who knew about the darkside, after an hour down there, I know alot more about what you folks are doing.
    Last edited by ledcat; 11-05-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ledcat View Post
    Hey all, been looking and found a 2016 f6b with 15k. Some scuffs here and there on the saddlebags, alot of looks like wax on the black plastic. The previous owner, not in contact with, this bike is at a used bike dealer, FYI. This bike has a car tire for a rear tire, tried the search function and came up with nothing in regards to "car tire". Whats with the car tire tire out back, you folks running this setup, how is it?Also, the link to the The radio-knob-key thing for the bags/gas cap/accessory cubby is EXTREMELY convenient http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...ghlight=owner doesn't get to where I think it should be, how do I get this item? Previous owner for some reason took off all the badges on the bike. The round ones on the side have been replaced with some logo that lights up, kinda wierd, F6B logos removed on each side cover, the goldwing logo on the console was covered up, can't remember about the front.

Link to the key knobs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUJ48PtQgik

I'm surprised a dealer would sell a bike with a car tire on it, if only for liability issues... and yes, yes you darkside kooks, I know how much you love them....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    I'm surprised a dealer would sell a bike with a car tire on it, if only for liability issues... and yes, yes you darkside kooks, I know how much you love them....
    Agreed, that surprised me too. Some dealers will put new OEM tires on many of their used motorcycles, just to cover themselves legally.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    Agreed, that surprised me too. Some dealers will put new OEM tires on many of their used motorcycles, just to cover themselves legally.
    I'm surprised anyone is interested in a gray 2016, when the matte white is clearly the more stunning color!

Thanks for that. Will these keys start the bike, or only the honda key will start it cause it has a chip in it?

Yep, only the Honda key... No transponder in the cut ones.

No transponder or chip in any of the F6B keys. The low cost cut keys you get from Lowes are a tad bit shorter and will only unlock the cubby and bags and not the ignition. Most times!