checking out a 2016 F6B got questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: checking out a 2016 F6B got questions

These guys aren't a honda dealer, their like a used car lot for motorcycles, do we have auctions for motorcycles like cars these days? Also, noted alot of what appears to be car wax carryover to the black plastic pieces. I am assuming someone went a little crazy waxing it, or does this have something to do with the paint issues, no clearcoat? Hoping back to black takes it off. This one is the matte white. Any idea what these lighted badges on the side fairing are from, no pictures yet?
    Last edited by ledcat; 11-06-2018 at 05:37 PM.

New 2016 B on ebay for 15,898.00 OTD, no fees, "0" miles, location NC. Fly in, ride home

Matte finish? do not wax it !

Is the white a matte finish? If so, if this guy waxed it what did he do to the finish?? Why would you wax a matte finish come to think of it??

Quote Originally Posted by ledcat View Post
    Is the white a matte finish? If so, if this guy waxed it what did he do to the finish?? Why would you wax a matte finish come to think of it??
    Run. Run like the wind. Don't look back.

Yeah, sounds like you should keep looking.

+1 & +1...…….... Wax screws up the finish. I was in a custom paint shop 2 weeks ago, painter was redoing / painting a area where the owner waxed the matte on a Scout. After waxing, It's not matte & it will not shine, uneven looking paint & it looked like s--t.
    Keep looking..... there's lots of nice "B's" on here for sale, in the search bar, top right, type "bikes for sale" check out the old ads too.

Hello folks, thanks for all the info. I would like to share my experience with you on checking this vehicle out and the short test drive I went on.
    This was a used 2016 white delux model with approx 17k on it. Besides what came with it on the delux and 2016, the previous owner had Rivco hiway pegs, driving lights that were turn signals, running lights, clear lenses on the front turn signals that were running lights, modulators on the Hi beam, heated seats, rear rack, extra brake lights, rider backrest, bellypan,with what looked like silver insulation above it.. All this stuff worked as I thought it should. All the emblems were removed, and a lighted one on the side added where the round honda emblem would be on the fairing. I'll post a picture of the eblem, maybe you can tell me what it stands for. Sounds sweet right? What I didn't like, was the lower triple clamp had alot of rust on it where it clamps to the fork, some rust on the fork itself running down from the triple clamp. Rust in places I would not expect, must have been stored outside. I took the plastic covers off the handlebars mounts and there was rust everywhere here. I think water sat in there for a while, maybe it's a little thing, but not what I expected. Alot of the black plastic was discolored in a weird white stain thought it was wax, but not sure, on the saddlebag releases inner fairing, the seat, just weird in my opinion. Front fender was cracked where the fender extender was mounted just like I learned here. The rear tire was a car tire as I previously stated, a BridgestoneRE960AS run flat. Paint was coming off the rear wheel, and I surmised this was a goldwing wheel painted black and the paint was coming off of it. Lots of rust on the wheel weights here, which I also did not expect. I checked the tire pressures and was surprised to see 25psi in each tire. That's pretty low to me, but they had just ridden it 200 miles what do I know, haven't owned a wing before. I did know from the dark side post run flats should be 32-34 I believe, non run flats higher. So, I geared up and took it for a test drive, before I got very far I realized this was a beast to get it to lean or even steer, I felt unsafe, granted I have not ridden a wing or F65B before so it's probably just me. I turned around and came and said this isn't for me. That ended my F6B dream for now. So, tell me, was I wrong? Are these bikes alot harder to handle than a sport touring bike or a sport bike, was the condition just little stuff, someone more experienced would be OK with? I know I should have given the bike more of a chance on the test ride, but I did not feel safe, and did not want to wreck it, maybe just scared. I do want to say the price was low comparatively, 12k they are gonna post if for. Maybe it's for someone here with more knowledge.
    bike emblem.jpgIMG_20181107_103000.jpgIMG_20181107_103144.jpg
    Last edited by ledcat; 11-07-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Sounds to me like your very unsure about this purchase..From what I have read, and my personal opinion, I would not touch this bike with a "10 foot pole"....There are many really good buys on used F6B's out there....Stay away from this one is my input!!!!....Regards

Quote Originally Posted by ledcat View Post
    Hello folks, thanks for all the info. I would like to share my experience with you on checking this vehicle out and the short test drive I went on.
    This was a used 2016 white delux model with approx 17k on it. Besides what came with it on the delux and 2016, the previous owner had Rivco hiway pegs, driving lights that were turn signals, running lights, clear lenses on the front turn signals that were running lights, modulators on the Hi beam, heated seats, rear rack, extra brake lights, rider backrest, bellypan,with what looked like silver insulation above it.. All this stuff worked as I thought it should. All the emblems were removed, and a lighted one on the side added where the round honda emblem would be on the fairing. I'll post a picture of the eblem, maybe you can tell me what it stands for. Sounds sweet right? What I didn't like, was the lower triple clamp had alot of rust on it where it clamps to the fork, some rust on the fork itself running down from the triple clamp. Rust in places I would not expect, must have been stored outside. I took the plastic covers off the handlebars mounts and there was rust everywhere here. I think water sat in there for a while, maybe it's a little thing, but not what I expected. Alot of the black plastic was discolored in a weird white stain thought it was wax, but not sure, on the saddlebag releases inner fairing, the seat, just weird in my opinion. Front fender was cracked where the fender extender was mounted just like I learned here. The rear tire was a car tire as I previously stated, a BridgestoneRE960AS run flat. Paint was coming off the rear wheel, and I surmised this was a goldwing wheel painted black and the paint was coming off of it. Lots of rust on the wheel weights here, which I also did not expect. I checked the tire pressures and was surprised to see 25psi in each tire. That's pretty low to me, but they had just ridden it 200 miles what do I know, haven't owned a wing before. I did know from the dark side post run flats should be 32-34 I believe, non run flats higher. So, I geared up and took it for a test drive, before I got very far I realized this was a beast to get it to lean or even steer, I felt unsafe, granted I have not ridden a wing or F65B before so it's probably just me. I turned around and came and said this isn't for me. That ended my F6B dream for now. So, tell me, was I wrong? Are these bikes alot harder to handle than a sport touring bike or a sport bike, was the condition just little stuff, someone more experienced would be OK with? I know I should have given the bike more of a chance on the test ride, but I did not feel safe, and did not want to wreck it, maybe just scared. I do want to say the price was low comparatively, 12k they are gonna post if for. Maybe it's for someone here with more knowledge.
    bike emblem.jpgIMG_20181107_103000.jpgIMG_20181107_103144.jpg
    Run like hell.