Got that rainy day feelin'...

Thread: Got that rainy day feelin'...

Got that rainy day feelin'...

...so I went to the motorcycle dealership.

Honda, Yamaha, Triumph, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Harley dealer.

I wanted to do some test sits.

Sat on the new Wing - still feels like a good fit for me.

However, what surprised me is what felt even better of a fit. The Harley Road Glide. I was like putting on a tailor-made suit.

Handlebars, feet position, seat height, all were great. What a surprise.

I also sat on a Road King - which had the police seat - what a great seating option that is. Can we get those for our Hondas?

I also tried out a Triumph Tiger and did not like the forward seating position with praying mantis feet. Just did not feel right. Not to mention, it felt heavier than the Wing, despite being 300 lbs lighter.

There was also an Eluder in the showroom. What I did not notice this time was the tank; what I did notice was it was heavy as &%^$ getting it off the kickstand. I also did not like the flat, swept back handlebars.

I guess I did not except to find a Harley that felt so good. My bias? I dunno. I still think a Wing Tour is in my distant future. I like the feel and no one else can beat the flat-six for power and its contribution to handling.

...unless...I keep the F6 and get a used Street Glide ...
    Last edited by VStarRider; 11-04-2018 at 06:03 PM.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I'm confused. You said the Road Glide fit like a glove but you are considering a used Street Glide.

Make sure you get one that has had the "clutch recall" done. Harley has now had 4 recalls on the clutches. Almost 180,000 bikes. Be sure to wave at the F6B's that pass you, when your on the Harley. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    ...so I went to the motorcycle dealership.

Honda, Yamaha, Triumph, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Harley dealer.

I wanted to do some test sits.

Sat on the new Wing - still feels like a good fit for me.

However, what surprised me is what felt even better of a fit. The Harley Road Glide. I was like putting on a tailor-made suit.

Handlebars, feet position, seat height, all were great. What a surprise.

I also sat on a Road King - which had the police seat - what a great seating option that is. Can we get those for our Hondas?

I also tried out a Triumph Tiger and did not like the forward seating position with praying mantis feet. Just did not feel right. Not to mention, it felt heavier than the Wing, despite being 300 lbs lighter.

There was also an Eluder in the showroom. What I did not notice this time was the tank; what I did notice was it was heavy as &%^$ getting it off the kickstand. I also did not like the flat, swept back handlebars.

I guess I did not except to find a Harley that felt so good. My bias? I dunno. I still think a Wing Tour is in my distant future. I like the feel and no one else can beat the flat-six for power and its contribution to handling.

...unless...I keep the F6 and get a used Street Glide ...
    They are nice bikes if it's what you want. I have a 2012 Ultra Limited, and I like it ok for certain things. Actually, the wife likes it to go grab lunch or dinner on, likes the high back seat, the sound, some of our friends have harley's, yada, yada, yada. I would not own that bike if I didn't have the F6B. Even though it's a touring Harley, I take the F6B on road trips. I now have the F6B, the Ultra, and a 2013 BMW 1200RT. If I went down to one bike, I would keep the F6B, and it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    They are nice bikes if it's what you want. I have a 2012 Ultra Limited, and I like it ok for certain things. Actually, the wife likes it to go grab lunch or dinner on, likes the high back seat, the sound, some of our friends have harley's, yada, yada, yada. I would not own that bike if I didn't have the F6B. Even though it's a touring Harley, I take the F6B on road trips. I now have the F6B, the Ultra, and a 2013 BMW 1200RT. If I went down to one bike, I would keep the F6B, and it's not even close.
    I am sure it would be the same here. I am not looking to replace the F6B, but supplement it years from now. The difference in price between what my F6 will be worth with 40k on it and a new air-bagged Wing Tour is enough to absorb many other used ... and new ... bikes.
    Former Ride:
    Latest Addition:
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I'm confused. You said the Road Glide fit like a glove but you are considering a used Street Glide.

Sorry, the Road Glide is the one I meant. Hard to keep the Harley models straight. I need flash cards.
    Former Ride:
    Latest Addition:
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Sorry, the Road Glide is the one I meant. Hard to keep the Harley models straight. I need flash cards.
    I believe the ergos are the same. I think the Road Glide, Street Glide, and Road King are the same bike except for fairings. Road Glide has frame mounted fairing (like the GW and F6B), Street Glide has the bar mounted bat wing fairing, Road King has neither.
    I too like the seating position but I like the smooth power and lower center of gravity of the GL1800s.
    Riding the upward spiral.

Funny, the other half and I looked at a new bike? yesterday too.... Took a Can Am RT out, kinda like a big floating marshmallow on the road. Got back on the F6B and it's a flippin rocketship after the CanAm.

Lotsa bikes to look at... so little cash