Recommendations for service /add on installation for F6B in CT?
Value Accessories 2014
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for service /add on installation for F6B in CT?

Recommendations for service /add on installation for F6B in CT?

Greetings Everyone!
    I`m a new owner of a 2015 Matte Silver F6B . I live in Prospect CT. I have naturally spent most of my free time since it was delivered, browsing all the wonderfull things that can be added to this bike over the long NE winter. Some of the "easier" things I will attempt with help from various videos,and posts. I`m thinking about switching the flasher module,fog lights, adding wig-wag to the stop lights , LED bulb conversions etc. Does anyone recommend a person, shop or dealer they have used for the things I`d rather not tackle near me in Connecticut? It seems the closest Honda dealer is Libby`s in New Haven. I don`t have alot of tools which people have told me is a good thing or electrical wiring proficiency. It seems like some of modifications require some extensive dissassembly ,that seems pretty easy when watching someone else on You Tube. But I would like to have someone with F6B experience and knowledge if I think it will be beyond my skills. Any suggestions welcomed. If you would rather send any recommendations by PM thats fine. Thanks Thomas

Congrats on the new ride! Good job, you picked the FASTEST color, too! I'm not from the north east, so I can't recommend a place for good service. But, the U-tube videos are good, and as you have seen, many upgrades are not difficult. Enjoy the ride!

You'll love your B !! Comfy, rides & handles great. Best bike I've ever owned & I've owned a few dozen..
    2 costly items: a Russell Day Long seat & Heli Bars will be the best money you'll spend. Now's the time for your RDL as there's a waiting list. Check their site, then talk to Jay @ RDL. Great folks to do business with.
    Cheap tools every B owner needs, at Harbor Freight, auto body section, a pkg. of plastic pry tools for removing the plastic panels. Also @ HF a auto test light for finding "Keyed / Switched" hot wires, turn signal, brake light wires & anything else for your electrical system. Maybe a pair of wire crimp pliers, splices, liquid tape. Watch the U Tube vids most are good some are not so much. If you're not wanting to do it yourself, find a good local shop with a good reputation. It's fairly basic stuff, any good shop should be able to do. Try to get a firm written price before they start. Due to a short riding season, I assume good MC shops are few & far between up there. Suggest you get all or most done at the same time, should save you serious $$. Get them to wire in a plug for a battery tender while they're working on it.

Thanks for your suggestions! I just did the battery tender. Surprised how delicate the side panels are. I`m hoping to find a guy, shop or dealer fairly close that somebody here uses . I will probably attempt most mods myself but there are a few like the blinker fog light combo that seem out of my comfort zone.Even the LED flasher replacement looks like a project.. I do love the ride...my best bike yet. I also have a 2005 Kawasaki Nomad that I`m keeping.

Get yourself a set of 'trim tools' from Harbor Freight to help pulling the tupperware without damaging the pins.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman57 View Post
    Thanks for your suggestions! I just did the battery tender. Surprised how delicate the side panels are. I`m hoping to find a guy, shop or dealer fairly close that somebody here uses . I will probably attempt most mods myself but there are a few like the blinker fog light combo that seem out of my comfort zone.Even the LED flasher replacement looks like a project.. I do love the ride...my best bike yet. I also have a 2005 Kawasaki Nomad that I`m keeping.
    The flasher replacement is a very doable project just take your time it's really an easy job.
    Fog lights is also easy but mine don't have the blinkers, but I would think your going to tap into the blinkers so it shouldn't be too bad.

LED flasher suggestion: Turn your L or R signal on, you'll hear the flasher between the front of the tank & the forks. Gently slide your hand up that way until you feel / find it, turning the bars L. worked for me. Take your hand in & our 3-5 times, making it EZer to find, feeling everything around it while doing so. Turn the key / flasher off, find it a few more times. Gentle ease the flasher out, feeling the everything around it as you do. Note the way the prongs are facing when you get out. Face the new flasher the same way & ease it in. Might take 5-10 minutes to get your hand in-out & get "the feel" of it. It's a little tight in there, just take your time, you'll get it.

Brake lights, check out the "flashing" brake, blinks longs & shorts. Found mine on ebay, fairly cheap, just 3 wires, hot in, hot out & ground. It's small & tucks in the upper R corner, behind the tail light assembly.
    Fogs are doable. A bit of a PITA w/ the front fender, tire & cowling to deal with. My '13 had wiring for the fogs, I ran a separate switch so I could turn off the modulating fogs when riding in a group. I think mine are "Show Chrome." They have fog & turn signals. I like them.

Another good option for installations is at the larger events - like Laconia, or Bike Week.
    I had SoCal lighting do their LEDs in my headlights (low & high), turn signal switchbacks, fog lamps with directionals and separate "non-integrated-to-high-beams" switch, and brake & tail lights.
    I was first in line on Tuesday morning. By the time I walked around, did a few demo rides and had lunch, they were finished.

If you are going to do a different seat, PLEASE make sure you do that BEFORE windshield, bars, foot peg/rests. Learning twice gets expensive....
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    If you are going to do a different seat, PLEASE make sure you do that BEFORE windshield, bars, foot peg/rests. Learning twice gets expensive....
    Cheers,
    Steve

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/