I have the Tridium multifunction type which incorporate turn signals. I bought them primary to make the deer eyes show up at night, being seen by cages was a secondary consideration.

I ride to work before dawn in deer country. The wife has had 3 predawn deer collisions within 2 miles of home in the last 5 years. I've been hit by deer twice in my truck within 5 miles of home and I've had many near misses on motorcycles.

I had 50 watt spots on my Valk, I kept the Right hand spot pointed out slightly towards the fields and it worked great to make their eyes showup before they were in the road. I've tried the same aiming strategy with the Tridium lights I have on the B but they are not as adjustable as the much cheaper spots on the Valk were. The Tridiums do throw out a good light. I use them as running lights in the daytime and turn them on full bright at night. They do light up the side of the road, but not as well as I hoped they would. For people who are primary worried about being seen by cagers they would be top notch. For high speed, nighttime deer country riding they could be better.