CB1100
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CB1100

CB1100

Thoughts and opinions. THANKS.

In my opinion I love the look like an old street cruiser that I spent many years on. A little low on horse power and not sure what goodies are available in the aftermarket regarding exhaust, cams etc but as I said I like the looks. If anything like the bikes of old probably as bullet proof as anything else.

I thought I wanted on until I read the specs and sat on one. Under powered and a little cramped for me...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    I thought I wanted on until I read the specs and sat on one. Under powered and a little cramped for me...
    Agree, they sure did seem bigger back in the day....

My first bike was nighthawk s 700. Awesome first bike.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Doesn't matter what WE think as most of us own/ride F6B's which are worlds apart from a CB1100.

If that's the type of bike that ya like, get one!

the 1100 is nice with the new update on an old plat form.....but.....under powered and naked.... if you like it ....I love it !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

CB1100/CB750

Attachment 2972
    I also considered the CB1100. I like it a lot. However, apart from the F6B I also have one of these. A 2002 version of the CB750. Similar to your Nighthawk.
    I found the CB1100 to be physically the same size as the CB750, with the disadvantage of requiring more frequent servicing and of course valve clearance adjustment, which the CB750 does not require at all, due to hydraulic tappetts.
    The bonus with the CB1100 is fuel injection, more power, more mpg and the option of ABS. I could not justify the financial cost to upgrade because the CB750 does the same job with minimal outlay, as well as adequate performance for a naked bike.
    If the CB1100 is your type of bike, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    if you like it ....I love it !!!
    Best advice yet!!!!

My dealer has one of the non ABS versions on the floor and a good deal could be made since Winter has started. This bike just screams Cafe conversion to the point, I swear, my tools were vibrating in my tool box at the thought of a good Winter project. I've been scratching this itch since 1965 and I just can't justify another project even though my friends are all into Cafe bikes and repli-racers. I'm too old to let peer pressure get to me once again.