I finally got my F6B

Thread: I finally got my F6B

I finally got my F6B

Friends, much thanks to Steve Kelly whom I met soon after joining the F6B forum in May 2017. At that time I began wanting a sleeker, sportier and COOLER Gold Wing that looked cool like the F6B. I've had a 1985 GL1200 and a 1993 GL1500, so you can tell I'm deliberate when it comes to such decisions. In Summer 2017 I wanted to verify I might like the trunkless F6B so I took the trunk off my 1993 GL1500 and built a little platform in its place which had embedded letters, "Paul's Wanna-B." I thought that was clever but sure had to explain it a million times! 1993 GL1500 Wanna-B #1.jpg

Well, many thanks to eBay seller T Knipp of Knoxville who made me a sweet deal on his 2013 F6B Deluxe with 29507 miles. I meandered home through the Smokies over two days, 675 miles back from Knoxville to FL in sunny cold 30 degree weather and had a total blast. Here's proof I did the Tail of the Dragon. Paul+Mr.Black at Deals Gap.jpg Who cares if I went 15 mph? That is one scary road. The trees at high elevations of Cherohala Skyway were coated in ice, and in the sun as I rode through it was like a crystal forest, so inspiring and beautiful. The fall colors were plentiful elsewhere, and the F6B was a delight to ride. Thanks to everyone for the continued inspiration to hang in there and finally GET MY F6B!!

Congratulations Paul!
    Having owned an 1100, and a 1500, I truly appreciate your joy in the 1800, and in the F6B platform.
    Ride well, and keep safe!
    Cheers,
    Steve

PS - I want my luggage back!!! lol...
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Enjoy and be safe. They're awesome bikes.

Congratulations

Congrats on the new to you ride.
    Mine is packed away for the winter, so I'll enjoy hearing more from you as you get acquainted.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by parenfroe View Post
    I've had a 1985 GL1200. In Summer 2017 I wanted to verify I might like the trunkless F6B so I took the trunk off my 1993 GL1500 and built a little platform in its place which had embedded letters, "Paul's Wanna-B." 1993 GL1500 Wanna-B #1.jpg
    Hey, an early adopter...that's great to hear! Welcome..
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

I'm officially jealous, good luck with the best bike you will ever own.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

I had owned a Hurricane back in 1988-91 and had not ridden in 28 years when I decided I wanted to start riding a motorcycle again.
    I have to say the F6B is a joy to ride. I purchased a 2013 on New Years Eve of 2018. It only had 4802 miles on it. I'm not quiet sure what or why it was for sale. It is practically new. The previous owner had spent about $1500 in crome, floor boards, and seat. When I purchased the bike I was not aware of all the upgrades until about 2 weeks later I was in Concord, NC and had stopped to buy fuel. Another F6B rolled up and the rider and I began to talk and he gave me the details about what was factory and what was not. The weekend has been beautiful and I have ridden a little over 400 miles in the past two days. Again, it is a joy to ride.