Fire Sale on New Goldwings?

Thread: Fire Sale on New Goldwings?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    I saw a post from Cruiserman on another forum, he was talking how bad it is removing the plastic on them. and tabs break off very easy. Said it takes twice as long to replace an air filter. I have never like the looks of them and the down size is not what I think a Goldwing is all about.
    I realize plastic saves both weight and money, so more and more is being used in all kinds of vehicles. The Ford 2.7 twin turbo (Ecoboost) actually has a plastic oil pan and drain plug! But I'm disappointed to hear that Honda made the tabs that flimsy on the new Wing. And you'd think they would have tried to make the air cleaner easier to change.

One of the many things I love about the F6B is how simple most maintenance is. Tire changes aren't bad, and oil changes are a breeze. After those two things there isn't much else you need to do in the first 30 or 40,000 miles. Except ride, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I realize plastic saves both weight and money
    The above and I also believe plastic (or ABS) gives the motorcycle a better defense against the elements. I'm all for lighter non-metal where it counts.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!