Fire Sale on New Goldwings? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fire Sale on New Goldwings?

2018 not selling, folks like the older GW's / F6B's better. Sounds like the price old older GW's & F6B's might go up or hold steady.

The ST1833 should be priced in line with the ST1300, just with a larger engine. Their prices are out of line for a sport bike.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneRider66 View Post
    I sold my first F6B in order to buy a new Goldwing. But I had not ridden the new Goldwing before I sold the first F6B. When I did ride the new Goldwing, I was not that impressed. Yes, I liked it per say, but not for 21 or 22k. So I bought another F6B. A 2016 with 2900 miles for 13k. I am happy with my decision.
    OUCH, that sounded like an expensive set of transactions.

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina
    LOL....actually not an expensive transaction at all. Bought first 2013 F6B with 119 miles on it. Guy paid 22k for it new in 2015 with extended warranty. Yes he paid too much. Rode it for those few miles then had a health crisis and would never ride again. I paid 13k for the bike with yes...less then 200 miles on it. I rode it for 15k miles and sold it for 12.5k. purchased a 2016 from an older gentleman. Bike had like 2900 miles on it. 3 windshields and some other small add ons. I also paid 13k for that bike. Yes, I did have to pay some taxes and stuff. But all and all sort of an even trade off plus I get a 3 year newer bike. When the 2018 honda goldwing (F6B version) comes down to 15k I will probably buy one. But for now very happy with the B

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Exactly how many new Wings is plenty???...One of my sons lives in California,my son-in-law in Oklahoma, both riders, and together they have seen 1 new Wing in the last year.....Just curious...Regards
    I've seen at least 30 on the roads. I'm retired, and I spend lots of time riding, and have spent time in over 30 states this summer. However, I've seen thousands of the previous model Wings. People do like the past models better than the new. Me too! However, I don't want either of the "full" Wings. I am hanging on to my fantastic F6B! I stop in several Honda Dealers on my travels, and I see many more of the new Wings on the showroom floor, than on the roads.
    Last edited by jm21ddd15; 11-19-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    I've seen at least 30 on the roads. I'm retired, and I spend lots of time riding, and have spent time in over 30 states this summer. However, I've seen thousands of the previous model Wings. People do like the past models better than the new. Me too! However, I don't want either of the "full" Wings. I am hanging on to my fantastic F6B! I stop in several Honda Dealers on my travels, and I see many more of the new Wings on the showroom floor, than on the roads.
    This is quite different from late 2000, when the GL1800 first hit showrooms. By the next summer dealers were full of used GL1500s that had been traded for 1800s, as the new Wing was improved in so many ways. That sure hasn't happened this time.

It would have tempted me, if the power had been increased substantially. Or if the styling had remained more "Bagger", less "BMW". Or if the maintenance schedule hadn't been increased. Or if the pillion seat had remained super comfy - as opposed to being less so, for the sake of esthetics. Or, lastly, if it was priced better. As it is, I have a very special "1 model year only" bike (black/chrome exhaust) and also the luxury of almost 20 years of production and parts/accessory development. Can't beat that...

I should mention though, we saw a few in Europe this summer. And Gold Wings, in general, are not exactly common place over there.

Maybe it will just take more time for the "newer" generation models to take hold...Many of us on this site are spoiled by the great bike the F6B is and, at this point, cannot justify the extreme expense and other issues that seem to plaque this new model..Only time will tell, but Honda has been known for a couple of "mis-fires" in recent years, i.e., Valkyries, VTX's and Interstate tours...None sold well in the market and are now pretty much gone....I had a 99 Valk Tour, a 05 VTX1800F, both were great bikes, but soon disappeared from the line-up due to slow sales...Only time will tell!!!!....Regards and ride safe
    Last edited by opas ride; 11-19-2018 at 03:52 PM.

This all sounds familiar doesn't it.Our f6bs are great motorcycles but they just didn't sell well.I would say goldwing sells pale in comparison against 10 year ago.We are a shrinking breed,liking a big smooth motorcycle. It just isn't cool to ride a honda motorcycle anymore. I like the new wing but one thing for sure those prices must come down,just like the f6b did.