Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
The DCT in "Sport" mode was quite the hoot - the other modes, not so much.
0-90 was freaking quick in Sport Mode.
Handling was very intuitive with a bit more ground clearance than the B.

But I am in concurrence with most of what's printed here:
- Bags could EASILY be as large as they used to be and still retain the "cosmic stealth" look
- "New engine" - it could be that the good ol' 1822 was so close to perfect that adding 1 cc was the only way to improve it. Besides the aesthetics (which I'm not fond of) I hope that someone figures out a way to unleash this engine so that it could hang with the K1600.
- Less fuel: NEVER a good idea. Period.
- Gizmos & infotainment: if I want to look at a screen, I'll stop and get out my iPad. If I want to figure out a new "game controller", I'll do so with an Xbox.
I'm a pilot, I live for flight & performance data. Focusing & emphasizing on other things detracts from my Disney Experience.
Cheers,
Steve
The biggest issue for me on the "new" GW's is all the whistles and bells that are mostly useless to my style of riding...I don't give a "rats ass" about GPS, Bluetooth, Greentooth, headphones, and all the other crap on these 2018 models...Fine for some, but not for me...I want to enjoy the ride and scenery not a bunch of electronic stuff that costs too much and distracts the rider.....Otherwise the next gen bikes are really okay and I am sure they will find riders to buy them, eventually.....Regards