Fire Sale on New Goldwings? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fire Sale on New Goldwings?

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    Hmmm, I thought black with chrome exhaust was available for 2013 and 2014. I thought there were 6 different F6B color combos, 4 of which were single year versions. Black and matte silver were the only ones available for more than one model year.

2013: Black/chrome, Red/chrome
    2014: Black/chrome, Yellow/chrome
    2015: Matte silver/black, Blue/black
    2016: Matte silver/black, matte white/black

In the wild I think I've seen more black/chrome than any other color. Black/chrome was my first choice but I got impatient and settled for a fast red.
    I have the black/chrome 2013...The OG. I have all but eliminated the chrome though
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    I own a F6B and a 1800 Goldwing. as far as the new 2018. No Thanks. Would not trade my old model for a new one.
    Same here, both are 2015s. Wing is pushing 63,000 miles, new (to me) B 9,400 miles. Once I wear them out, guess I'll be at or past my "use by" date, so no need for the new wing.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Joe View Post
    Same here, both are 2015s. Wing is pushing 63,000 miles, new (to me) B 9,400 miles. Once I wear them out, guess I'll be at or past my "use by" date, so no need for the new wing.
    I turn 56 in a month...I know that's not old compared to some on this board, but in my case there's a lot of "city mileage" without timely fluid exchanges.
    Started doing some 'backwards' planning and came to the same conclusion: if I should wear out Isleen, I'll probably not have need for another.
    So? Now the task is to wear out Isleen and see if I'm right! About 300 short of 90k......
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I realize plastic saves both weight and money
    The above and I also believe plastic (or ABS) gives the motorcycle a better defense against the elements. I'm all for lighter non-metal where it counts.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    Not quite, but I've suspected for a while that the 2018 Wings aren't selling very well. I saw a handful on the ride to our rally in Cortez, but other than that I've hardly seen any. In fact, I see more F6Bs and old Valkyries than new Wings.

This morning I got an email that confirms my suspicions. Honda Direct Line, an online dealer I've often ordered parts from, is selling 2018 Tour models with DCT at a 4K discount, for $23,700. The non-Tour model (they call it a Bagger) with the 6 speed sells for $19,999. Those are pretty steep discounts for a bike that was introduced less than a year ago.

If I were in the market those prices would sure be attractive. But like others here, I think Honda made a few mistakes on their new Wing. The biggest blunder IMO was shrinking the luggage to sport-touring capacities. They also could have bumped up the power a bit, to be more competitive with the K1600. It's a great bike, but I suspect those issues are making many riders shop elsewhere.

But no manufacturer seems to have figured out the demographic problem and attract younger riders. Who needs a motorcycle when you have a phone and the Uber app?

Now that's a deal!! Almost tempting....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Honda-...2:pf:0&vxp=mtr