Fire Sale on New Goldwings?

Thread: Fire Sale on New Goldwings?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Seen plenty of the new Wings on the road. Not impressed enough to even take a demo ride. I do like some of the new colors, haha. Smaller luggage doesn't bother me. The majority of all bikers, pack way too much stuff, when they go on trips. I mean, if your gonna ride for two weeks, then what is 2 hours at a laundro mat? But, like any new model, the manufacturers have some issues to work out.
    Exactly how many new Wings is plenty???...One of my sons lives in California,my son-in-law in Oklahoma, both riders, and together they have seen 1 new Wing in the last year.....Just curious...Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Exactly how many new Wings is plenty???...One of my sons lives in California,my son-in-law in Oklahoma, both riders, and together they have seen 1 new Wing in the last year.....Just curious...Regards
    I've seen at least 30 on the roads. I'm retired, and I spend lots of time riding, and have spent time in over 30 states this summer. However, I've seen thousands of the previous model Wings. People do like the past models better than the new. Me too! However, I don't want either of the "full" Wings. I am hanging on to my fantastic F6B! I stop in several Honda Dealers on my travels, and I see many more of the new Wings on the showroom floor, than on the roads.
    Last edited by jm21ddd15; 11-19-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    I've seen at least 30 on the roads. I'm retired, and I spend lots of time riding, and have spent time in over 30 states this summer. However, I've seen thousands of the previous model Wings. People do like the past models better than the new. Me too! However, I don't want either of the "full" Wings. I am hanging on to my fantastic F6B! I stop in several Honda Dealers on my travels, and I see many more of the new Wings on the showroom floor, than on the roads.
    This is quite different from late 2000, when the GL1800 first hit showrooms. By the next summer dealers were full of used GL1500s that had been traded for 1800s, as the new Wing was improved in so many ways. That sure hasn't happened this time.

It would have tempted me, if the power had been increased substantially. Or if the styling had remained more "Bagger", less "BMW". Or if the maintenance schedule hadn't been increased. Or if the pillion seat had remained super comfy - as opposed to being less so, for the sake of esthetics. Or, lastly, if it was priced better. As it is, I have a very special "1 model year only" bike (black/chrome exhaust) and also the luxury of almost 20 years of production and parts/accessory development. Can't beat that...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    It would have tempted me, if the power had been increased substantially. Or if the styling had remained more "Bagger", less "BMW". Or if the maintenance schedule hadn't been increased. Or if the pillion seat had remained super comfy - as opposed to being less so, for the sake of esthetics. Or, lastly, if it was priced better. As it is, I have a very special "1 model year only" bike (black/chrome exhaust) and also the luxury of almost 20 years of production and parts/accessory development. Can't beat that...
    I have that too. Did not realize that was a one year only model! Another reason to just keep on truckin' with mine. That, and the accessories I have added have basically made it a bike just for me!
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I have that too. Did not realize that was a one year only model! Another reason to just keep on truckin' with mine. That, and the accessories I have added have basically made it a bike just for me!
    Hmmm, I thought black with chrome exhaust was available for 2013 and 2014. I thought there were 6 different F6B color combos, 4 of which were single year versions. Black and matte silver were the only ones available for more than one model year.

2013: Black/chrome, Red/chrome
    2014: Black/chrome, Yellow/chrome
    2015: Matte silver/black, Blue/black
    2016: Matte silver/black, matte white/black

In the wild I think I've seen more black/chrome than any other color. Black/chrome was my first choice but I got impatient and settled for a fast red.
    Riding the upward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    Hmmm, I thought black with chrome exhaust was available for 2013 and 2014. I thought there were 6 different F6B color combos, 4 of which were single year versions. Black and matte silver were the only ones available for more than one model year.

2013: Black/chrome, Red/chrome
    2014: Black/chrome, Yellow/chrome
    2015: Matte silver/black, Blue/black
    2016: Matte silver/black, matte white/black

In the wild I think I've seen more black/chrome than any other color. Black/chrome was my first choice but I got impatient and settled for a fast red.
    I have the black/chrome 2013...The OG. I have all but eliminated the chrome though
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quiet, Chrome Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    As it is, I have a very special "1 model year only" bike (black/chrome exhaust)...
    I sure miss the quieter pipes on my 2013. I had no idea how enjoyable a long trip could be on a nearly silent motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    Not quite, but I've suspected for a while that the 2018 Wings aren't selling very well. I saw a handful on the ride to our rally in Cortez, but other than that I've hardly seen any. In fact, I see more F6Bs and old Valkyries than new Wings.

This morning I got an email that confirms my suspicions. Honda Direct Line, an online dealer I've often ordered parts from, is selling 2018 Tour models with DCT at a 4K discount, for $23,700. The non-Tour model (they call it a Bagger) with the 6 speed sells for $19,999. Those are pretty steep discounts for a bike that was introduced less than a year ago.

If I were in the market those prices would sure be attractive. But like others here, I think Honda made a few mistakes on their new Wing. The biggest blunder IMO was shrinking the luggage to sport-touring capacities. They also could have bumped up the power a bit, to be more competitive with the K1600. It's a great bike, but I suspect those issues are making many riders shop elsewhere.

But no manufacturer seems to have figured out the demographic problem and attract younger riders. Who needs a motorcycle when you have a phone and the Uber app?

Now that's a deal!! Almost tempting....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Honda-...2:pf:0&vxp=mtr