Fire Sale on New Goldwings? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fire Sale on New Goldwings?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The ST1833 should be priced in line with the ST1300, just with a larger engine. Their prices are out of line for a sport bike.

I should mention though, we saw a few in Europe this summer. And Gold Wings, in general, are not exactly common place over there.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    I should mention though, we saw a few in Europe this summer. And Gold Wings, in general, are not exactly common place over there.
    I believe Germany and Poland are huge fans and have large meetups over the summer.
    Last edited by unsub; 11-20-2018 at 08:29 AM.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Maybe it will just take more time for the "newer" generation models to take hold...Many of us on this site are spoiled by the great bike the F6B is and, at this point, cannot justify the extreme expense and other issues that seem to plaque this new model..Only time will tell, but Honda has been known for a couple of "mis-fires" in recent years, i.e., Valkyries, VTX's and Interstate tours...None sold well in the market and are now pretty much gone....I had a 99 Valk Tour, a 05 VTX1800F, both were great bikes, but soon disappeared from the line-up due to slow sales...Only time will tell!!!!....Regards and ride safe
    Last edited by opas ride; 11-19-2018 at 03:52 PM.

This all sounds familiar doesn't it.Our f6bs are great motorcycles but they just didn't sell well.I would say goldwing sells pale in comparison against 10 year ago.We are a shrinking breed,liking a big smooth motorcycle. It just isn't cool to ride a honda motorcycle anymore. I like the new wing but one thing for sure those prices must come down,just like the f6b did.

Quote Originally Posted by Blk6bgg6 View Post
    This all sounds familiar doesn't it.Our f6bs are great motorcycles but they just didn't sell well.I would say goldwing sells pale in comparison against 10 year ago.We are a shrinking breed,liking a big smooth motorcycle. It just isn't cool to ride a honda motorcycle anymore. I like the new wing but one thing for sure those prices must come down,just like the f6b did.
    Your right on my friend....Back in 2001/2 I was retired from Ford and selling motorcycles part-time at one of the largest Honda dealers around here...Sold 14 Goldwings in my first two months of the riding season....Talked to the Sales Mgr. at this same dealership a couple months ago and he told me that they had sold 5 2018 GW's total since they came out last winter.....Still has the same 6 on the floor they had several months ago....Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Blk6bgg6 View Post
    +1

Anyone here pay MSRP for their new B? After mine sat on the dealership floor for over a year, I sure as hell didn't. Not even remotely close to MSRP.

While I personally think the new Wing, (base model) looks like a love child my B and FJR had after canoodling in the garage, I wouldn't be so fast to crow about potential price drops signifying Honda made a mistake with the new model.

The DCT in "Sport" mode was quite the hoot - the other modes, not so much.
    0-90 was freaking quick in Sport Mode.
    Handling was very intuitive with a bit more ground clearance than the B.

But I am in concurrence with most of what's printed here:
    - Bags could EASILY be as large as they used to be and still retain the "cosmic stealth" look
    - "New engine" - it could be that the good ol' 1822 was so close to perfect that adding 1 cc was the only way to improve it. Besides the aesthetics (which I'm not fond of) I hope that someone figures out a way to unleash this engine so that it could hang with the K1600.
    - Less fuel: NEVER a good idea. Period.
    - Gizmos & infotainment: if I want to look at a screen, I'll stop and get out my iPad. If I want to figure out a new "game controller", I'll do so with an Xbox.
    I'm a pilot, I live for flight & performance data. Focusing & emphasizing on other things detracts from my Disney Experience.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    The DCT in "Sport" mode was quite the hoot - the other modes, not so much.
    0-90 was freaking quick in Sport Mode.
    Handling was very intuitive with a bit more ground clearance than the B.

But I am in concurrence with most of what's printed here:
    - Bags could EASILY be as large as they used to be and still retain the "cosmic stealth" look
    - "New engine" - it could be that the good ol' 1822 was so close to perfect that adding 1 cc was the only way to improve it. Besides the aesthetics (which I'm not fond of) I hope that someone figures out a way to unleash this engine so that it could hang with the K1600.
    - Less fuel: NEVER a good idea. Period.
    - Gizmos & infotainment: if I want to look at a screen, I'll stop and get out my iPad. If I want to figure out a new "game controller", I'll do so with an Xbox.
    I'm a pilot, I live for flight & performance data. Focusing & emphasizing on other things detracts from my Disney Experience.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    The biggest issue for me on the "new" GW's is all the whistles and bells that are mostly useless to my style of riding...I don't give a "rats ass" about GPS, Bluetooth, Greentooth, headphones, and all the other crap on these 2018 models...Fine for some, but not for me...I want to enjoy the ride and scenery not a bunch of electronic stuff that costs too much and distracts the rider.....Otherwise the next gen bikes are really okay and I am sure they will find riders to buy them, eventually.....Regards

Something just occurred to me. For decades the Goldwing has been designed and built in the USA. This is the first new Wing since Honda shut down the Ohio plant and moved back to Japan. Is it possible they were better able to focus on the American touring rider when their motorcycle operations were based in America?