It Never Gets Old
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It Never Gets Old

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It Never Gets Old

I had some business to conduct the other day. I happened to park next to the front door of the building. After business was concluded I was walking through the hallway to the elevator with helmet in tow. I was stopped twice by random strangers asking if "that beautiful bike outside" was mine. Neither had never seen a Honda like that before. They were surprised when I said it was a 2013 GL1800. Same thing happened a few weeks ago in another part of town.
    Honda Goldwing F6B Best Bike Ever......that never sold! Maybe we should have a charity ride for Honda F6B awareness and sell pins and ribbons. You know, just to raise public awareness of our affliction.
    Last edited by unsub; 11-20-2018 at 09:57 AM.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

I think we've all had that happen. At one point I took a couple of 62mm Toyota wheel badges, used some dbl. side tape to attach them over the Honda badges on the side cowlings. Several people ask / said, when or I didn't know Toyota start or was making motorcycles. I'd say to a few, it's a "one of a kind, proto type for testing," then laugh & fess up what I had done. Others would look, check it over, scratch their head & walk away. It really gets them if you just say, "oh, it's a F6B." ………………….. but let's face it, it's a beautiful looking, great riding, great handling motorcycle. I'm glad they're not everywhere like some makes & models. I've always liked things a bit different than the rest of the pack.

Never could understand why they weren't
    a big hit. Beautiful bikes. Around here everyone chooses HD for the most part. I still get quite a few compliments .
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    a big hit. Beautiful bikes.
    I think one reason they didn't sell, is because many, many motorcyclist, are "two up" riders, with their spouse. Most passengers (spouses) would much rather have the comforts of the full Wing, making the F6B, more of a 1-up ride. Works great for me, as I always ride solo.
    Last edited by 53driver; 11-20-2018 at 08:56 PM. Reason: fix quote

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    a big hit. Beautiful bikes. Around here everyone chooses HD for the most part. I still get quite a few compliments .
    I think I own one of maybe 10 or 12 in this area.

Meanwhile, while watching bikes ride by my house on a random spot check, 20 out of 20 were Harleys. Is it the northern climates we live in? Shorter riding season --> bikes more fashion than function?
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

My G/F rides her Scout (like a bat outa hell) & I ride my B (as hard as it takes to keep up). Haven't had a rider in 12-15 years & don't want one. Besides that I have a Corbin Smuggler w/ a RDL seat.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sooo there's no place for a rider & that's the way I kike it!.
    In my opinion, see one HD, you've just about seen them all. Very little diff. in models & years...…………..in my opinion

I don't know how many people have asked me " is that the new Goldwing?". They are shocked when I tell them its a 2013.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

I had a guy come by the other day to give me an estimate on snow removal for winter...Noticed he had on a Harley jacket so we talked bikes for a few minutes and he was really "hung up" on HD...Said he had just bought a new 2018 Street Glide and put over $12,000 in up-grades to motor and suspension etc..Showed him my 2013 F6B and he said "Wow that is a really nice looking bike, I have never seen one like that before, it it new??..Joking I said no, but I really enjoy "blowing the doors" off HD's..He responded, "is it that fast and how much money do you have in the motor"?..Told him it was stock except for K&N filter and Cobra pipes and I had not yet run any Harley's that could keep up with me....He challenged me to a run next Spring if we meet up sometime...If it happens we'll see!!...Regards and ride safe

Opas,

1. I had a lifetime Harley guy sit on my F6 at a rest stop (the one pictured below my name). He could not believe how big of a bike it was compared to his Ultra, yet how light it felt when off the side stand. I let him fire it up and he was amazed at how quiet it was with no vibration. He said, "this must be a dream to ride!" I said it is very pleasant. Before he fired up his noisemaker, he said he was gonna look for one used.

2. Is the main character in Gran Torino based on you?
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I had a couple on an HD pull next to me at a light, he said is that the new Wing. I laughed and said no it's a 2013!