It Never Gets Old - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It Never Gets Old

I get a kick when a guy on a loud Harley tries to talk to me at a light.
    I cant hear him so I just nod.
    Or a Harley pulls up and the chick on the back is tapping on him to look but he just looks straight forward.
    Then roars away. I let him go till I can hear again.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Opas,

2. Is the main character in Gran Torino based on you?
    Now thats funny.

That is what happens all the time with both the F6B and the old Valk. Interstate I have with the trunk taken off.
    Both of these bikes just never got any respect just like Mr Dangerfield.

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    I had a couple on an HD pull next to me at a light, he said is that the new Wing. I laughed and said no it's a 2013!
    The same thing has happened to me several times. Just two weeks ago, someone in a parking lot asked if my F6B was the 'New Goldwing'. They are really surprised if you tell them it's basically the same Goldwing Honda introduced 18 years ago!

The GL1800 design has aged very well, and the F6B is the best looking version by far. I would not be surprised if a few years from now, the 'New' Wing looks more dated than the F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I would not be surprised if a few years from now, the 'New' Wing looks more dated than the F6B.
    You have a good point. IMHO the F6B design ages very well. When it's tucked away for the winter I often just stop and admire the style as I pass through the shop.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

I pulled out and turned left onto a 4 lane road in Terre Haute Indiana a few years back on the Valk.

It was a fairly aggressive turn and Little Martha was on the left peg a little and showing her headers (I called it lifting up her skirt) to a pickup in the slow lane. As we both stopped at the next light the guy in the pickup drops his window and says "Just how bigga motor have you got in the summabitch?"
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Frye View Post
    I pulled out and turned left onto a 4 lane road in Terre Haute Indiana a few years back on the Valk.

It was a fairly aggressive turn and Little Martha was on the left peg a little and showing her headers (I called it lifting up her skirt) to a pickup in the slow lane. As we both stopped at the next light the guy in the pickup drops his window and says "Just how bigga motor have you got in the summabitch?"
    That's funny!

Five of us from East Texas rode to California and rode Hwy 1 PCH and hit all the National Parks along the way. On the return we spent the night in Roswell N.M. As we were getting ready to leave the next morning we had our 5 Gold Wings parked under the awning, loading up. When this older couple came over, said he used to ride.Saw our Texas tags and asked if we had ridden all the way from Texas. We told him we were on our way back from California by the way of Las Vegas. He looked at his wife and shook his head and turned to us and said "Y'all are to Old to be riding." At the time our ages range from 65 to 81. We are down to just Two of us but still riding!

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    You have a good point. IMHO the F6B design ages very well. When it's tucked away for the winter I often just stop and admire the style as I pass through the shop.
    When Honda moved manufacturing from Ohio to Japan and introduced the slightly redesigned 2012 Wing, I really didn't like the looks. The 2-tone paint scheme looked a little gaudy, and the angular bags made the rounded off trunk look like an aftermarket add-on.

The F6B came along a year later. With no trunk and a slightly smaller fairing those angular bags looked perfect. It was the best looking Goldwing ever made. I have to think Honda had the F6B in mind when they restyled the 2012 Wing.

I get it quite often. Strangers at stop lights roll down their windows to ask what kind of bike mine is, since I have the Honda badges covered by my requisite Marine Corps emblems. Especially with the bright yellow and black contrast it is an attention getter. Everyone thinks it's a 2019 something or other. In a sea of black Harleys people are always drawn to the unique and advanced looking F6b for some reason. I enjoy meeting the strangers who are genuinely interested in a bike style they rarely see but feel compelled to ask about. Then there's always that head snap back when you tell them it's a Gold Wing. Good times.