Bought a new car this last Monday. Took my wife to lunch today, and in the short trip from her office to the restaurant, the dash guage indicated that we got 75.7 mpg during that 2.2 mile trip.

By nature, I am a Subaru WRX type of driver. I currently have 3 Subaru's in my stables. I will be selling off two of them in the next week. One is a 1991 Subaru Justy GL-WRX, and one is a 1998 Subaru Forester S-WRX, and the other is a 2006 Subaru WRX-STI. Yes, you are correct, Subaru did not make a Justy WRX or a Forester WRX...but "I" did. Both are now labled that way, as they are so fixed up for rally driving, that I just had to put ther WRX badges on them. My daily driver used to be the '98 Forester S-WRX, and I would generally average 22 mpg, given the way I drive, but also that it is AWD all the time, and a 4 speed auto. But I drive it like it is my WRX-STI, so the fuel mileage suffers.

Now, my new car, just sips fuel, and putters long. I am loving it so far, as it is kinda fun to get 75.7 mpg, once in awhile. The overall average since I bought this car on Monday night, has been 48.6 mpg.