I feel like I went to the dark side - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I feel like I went to the dark side

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Okay, you win this one....But it does not mean I will quit using my Apple I phone 6p...Can't figure it out half the time anyway.....Regards and ride safe
    Win? Nah. It's all trade-offs.
    I have an iPad and I'm currently typing this from an iMac.
    Apple has the ONLY iPad app for my Presonus 24 channel mixer that allows me to mix bands remotely from the audience area.
    So, a necessary evil, and to thicken the dough, because it is so 'old' - still has the 'fat plug' - it doesn't update anymore and that tends to frost my cookies.

Anyway, tech is just another tool set, not a lifestyle.
    Motorcycle riders "get that."
    Cheers,
    Steve

Shortleg
    Good on you for embracing change. Enjoy and go at your own pace. I just gave my wife a new one for her birthday, she then gave her old one to her 84 year old mother. My mother in-law now uses it for Mahjong and solitaire. She has also just joined Facebook so hey it is a blessing.
    Don't listen to the Navy guy and shoot it with a 45.....too funny.
    Last edited by 53driver; 11-26-2018 at 09:39 PM. Reason: wive to wife - Mrs Lloydmoore deserves that

I have to admit that I Did think about what and how the company dose with their money.
    Sometimes I have let that influence where my money goes.
    It is one way that we as American still have a little power.
    And I will keep this kind of thinking always.

Try gargling with fifth of Jim Beam and don't spit any out.
    Last edited by Retired Army; 11-28-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Apple and Harley Davidson

Several years ago the iPhone's success was sometimes compared with Harley Davidson's. That's because they both had a 'cool' factor that allowed them to charge a premium for their products. Harley's waiting lists and high prices were a result, as were people camping outside of Apple stores so they could buy new releases of the iPhone. Those days are long gone for Harley, and if recent iPhone sales numbers are an indication, Apple's fortunes could be changing too.

As for the politics, I'm no fan of either Apple or Google. In fact, I'd say Google is more actively pushing a leftist agenda than Apple. The last tech CEO I can think of that had even moderate political views was Steve Ballmer. So whether I use iOS or Android, I'm supporting causes I personally don't agree with. Since a phone is practically a necessity these days, there's not much I can do about it. It's kind of like paying taxes!

I can enjoy their products and not their ideology. I have friends the same way, I enjoy their company up until ideology comes up then I'm done. I enjoy the "Symbology" of HD but their products are garbage as far as I'm concern. Like 53driver alluded to, it's a shame they deliberately build an inferior product. I buy made in the USA where I can and try to avoid certain companies as best I can. Not easy these days as everything/everyone in intertwined.

Keep voting, buy local and support causes you believe in as best you can. That's about all any of us can do.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    Like 53driver alluded to, it's a shame they deliberately build an inferior product.
    I almost feel sorry for H-D, because their faithful customer base expects them to stick with the outdated technology. When they sell a bike with a superior modern engine design like the V-Rod, nobody buys them. So they're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

It looks like their new 'Milwaukee 8' engine may be an improvement. 4 valves per cylinder and liquid cooling (on one model) have to make a difference. I know that engine heat had become a real problem as they have to run them very lean to meet emission standards. One H-D rider told me that his runs so hot in traffic that the computer often shuts down the rear cylinder when the bike is sitting at a light.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I almost feel sorry for H-D, because their faithful customer base expects them to stick with the outdated technology. When they sell a bike with a superior modern engine design like the V-Rod, nobody buys them. So they're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

It looks like their new 'Milwaukee 8' engine may be an improvement. 4 valves per cylinder and liquid cooling (on one model) have to make a difference. I know that engine heat had become a real problem as they have to run them very lean to meet emission standards. One H-D rider told me that his runs so hot in traffic that the computer often shuts down the rear cylinder when the bike is sitting at a light.
    I think the motor is designed to stop the rear cylinder when the thing gets hot..The new Indians have this same feature to help cool the rear cylinder in traffic..Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I think the motor is designed to stop the rear cylinder when the thing gets hot..The new Indians have this same feature to help cool the rear cylinder in traffic..Regards

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Who needs an open fire to roast nuts???..Just take a HD or Indian Chieftain for a ride in traffic and hot weather!!!....Merry Christmas to all.....