Talk to me about bike alarms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk to me about bike alarms

Talk to me about bike alarms

Just because I love my b, what alarms are you guys using on your bikes? I see the Gorilla 9000 seems to be a nice easy install and functional alarm. I will be doing some longer hauls next year on my bike and want to get an alarm on it. What's the more popular brand out there?

I don't use an alarm. In fact, I know people who just leave the F6B key in the ignition wherever they go.
    The F6B - due to poor marketing, etc - isn't considered a "prize" bike.
    And? If someone REALLY wants to steal your bike, they're gonna do it. Doesn't matter how many chains, alarms, or locks are on it.
    I've had Isleen all across the country, and while people give her a second look, that's about it.
    I'll leave her parked in any reasonably lit parking area without worry.
    But like oil selection, whatever you are comfortable with will definitely help you sleep better.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina
    +1 Steve
    I am one who leaves the key in the ignition. I keep an extra hidden on the bike. I have ridden all over the east coast. Guys I ride with lock their bikes down and take their keys and helmets with them and everything that is not locked down. But for the most part motorcyclist are good people and dont mess with other peoples stuff and those that are not bikers or motorcyclists as in the general public, they are afraid to mess with the bikes. FOR THE MOST PART.
    I do not leave my cell phone on the bike and my carry tool is usually on me. In my years of riding which includes New York City and Boston and Myrtle Beach, Knoxville, Atlanta and Charlotte I have never had anyone mess with my bike or my stuff.
    Even my saddle bags are rarely locked.
    Yes, you may call me stupid and say that I am inviting trouble. I am not sure that I would agree. But to each his own. It has worked for me over the years and I am fine with the risk. I imagine that if I had my 500 dollar helmet or my radar detector or my go pro stolen I would feel differently but to this point none of that has happened.
    I am not a KNOW IT ALL person and I respect others decisions. To each his own. But please take that alarm money and put it towards a Traxxion Dynamics system.

Locks only keep honest people honest. If crooks want your bike, they will get it, no matter how you secure it. Pro crooks know how to defeat locks, cables and chains. I don't leave any "valuables" in plain sight, when I park the bike.

Steal my bike, woooh hoooo! I get a new bike.

I agree that bike alarms are, for the most part, a waste of money....If someone wants to steal an 800+lb motorcycle they will do it anyhow, noisy alarms or not...These "ASS HOLE" thieves today can pretty much figure out how to steal anything....If someone ever steals my bike I hope they crash it into a wall/tree, or whatever and buy the farm!!...Harsh but I have very little sympathy for crooks/thieves.....Regards

I have a brick of C4 wired under my seat to a remote detonator I carry in my pocket.

Lock the forks, take the key. I mean it is a 800+ lb. bike.

I use the Scorpio alarm systems and we really like them. The proximity alert and the remote alert have saved the bikes from lots of people who "just want to sit on them".

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    I have a brick of C4 wired under my seat to a remote detonator I carry in my pocket.
    Try not to get too excited while your riding.
    ITS ALL GOOD