Thinking about a seat upgrade. RDL
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a seat upgrade. RDL

Thinking about a seat upgrade. RDL

Just wanted to put some thought to it, I am settled on the Russell seat, and probably a backrest from them, while I am at it. Anyone have pics of this setup? Afterthoughts once you had it in? My seat is not bad at all, but I am all about the comfort, figure its gonna cost me a grand anyway just to get it done like I want it with some velour inserts and a backrest. Any advice before I give them a ring?

Beware the wait time is long.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Beware the wait time is long.
    How long?

I think mine took about 3 or 4 weeks

It's winter, you've got time. The wait varies. Call RDL, speak to Jay, get your "start date.". I've had 3 (3 diff. bikes) love all of them. I prefer leather. Think about heat in your area.
    Best money you'll spend on your B. Your butt will be smiling )

No joke, I have months. Will give them a call Monday and get some dialogue going on timelines and options

I had a RDL on a Kawasaki Concours 1400. Did not care for it . pushed me forward. I put an Ultimate on my F6B it is fantastic.

The good thing about the RDL is it is custom made to your measurements and fit. I requested mine to be up and back quite a bit and that is the way it came giving me more leg room. Getting a used one made for someone else is a crap shoot. I also did not get the leather, heated or a back rest and I really like the way it feels. I think cost was just over 800, I had to pay for the extra padding for my weight being over a certain amount and the F6B incurs an extra fee for it size. I also had a long shipping from Cal to FL.

If you live near their factory you can get it done in one day if not you will have to send them a seat pan and that takes time. I purchased a used seat and sent it to them. I continued to ride during waiting time. Russell doesn't keep seat pans in stock and the F6B is different than the 1800. Also a you will send a picture of you sitting on the bike.
    Last edited by Retired Army; 12-01-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    If you live near their factory you can get it done in one day if not you will have to send them a seat pan and that takes time. I purchased a used seat and sent it to them. I continued to ride during waiting time. Russell doesn't keep seat pans in stock and the F6B is different than the 1800. Also a you will send a picture of you sitting on the bike.
    Yeah was kind of wondering if it would be easier to buy a stock seat off eBay and have it shipped right to them.