Exhaust Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Question

Exhaust Question

They say the mufflers off the 2016 are louder (deeper rumble) than the 2013. Is this true (assuming you had both)?
    Do they have drone, without installing torque loops?
    How much difference would you say there is, worth changing or just Very slight difference?

I can't answer as far as difference between 2016 and earlier years because my 2016 is the only F6B I've owned. I can say there is no drone under any conditions I've experienced on my bike. Not at low speeds, not during high speed super slab riding.

I'd also say they seem to be a little louder and better sounding now at 9000+ miles than when I bought the bike new this past January.

It's still a little quieter than I'd like though. This past summer I had two cages try to pull into my lane right on top of me while going through the Chicago area and keeping up with traffic at around 85-90 MPH. Would not have happened on my old Valk because they would have heard me.
    Last edited by Frye; 12-30-2018 at 09:52 AM.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

I replaced the stock chrome pipes on my 2013 with a set of stock black pipes from a 2016....sightly louder but no drone. Its a very small difference but I notice it. Personally, I would not do it unless I was changing color.

Switched my stock 2013 exhaust for the updated system on my black B; both for improved tone and the matching colour. Was it worth it? I think so. A slightly deeper, richer tone and no need whatsoever to worry about torque loops. You'll notice the difference but it won't drive you crazy out on the road like some aftermarket options can. Added bonus? No fussing and additional expense or fine-tuning the sound after spending big $$ on aftermarket system. But if you're after bark on hard acceleration etc. you'll likely be disappointed and want to go with a non-Honda option.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaver1 View Post
    They say the mufflers off the 2016 are louder (deeper rumble) than the 2013. Is this true (assuming you had both)?
    Do they have drone, without installing torque loops?
    How much difference would you say there is, worth changing or just Very slight difference?
    I've had both. Went from the stock chrome on my '14 to the black of a '15 or '16. The tone is deeper. The volume is not much louder. I think the look of them on my yellow/black is awesome.

For as little cost and effort as it takes to replace them (oem > oem) I'd say it's worth changing. At worst, if you don't like it then you swap 'em back and it's only cost you a few hours and a few dollars.

Ride safe, amigo!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

I have a spare set of 2015 chrome exhaust in very nice shape I would trade even for a set of black.
    ITS ALL GOOD

I thought all 15s was black exhaust? My 15 has black ones.

I have a black set still waiting in install....
    If I could stop riding for a few days, I could actually install them....

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I thought all 15s was black exhaust? My 15 has black ones.
    Pretty sure that the 2015 model in black had chrome exhausts...Blue color had the black exhausts, but both were upgraded with different internals for 2015/16 model years...Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Pretty sure that the 2015 model in black had chrome exhausts...Blue color had the black exhausts, but both were upgraded with different internals for 2015/16 model years...Regards
    I believe you are correct.