Thoughts on the heel-toe. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on the heel-toe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I like the look and design of the Rivco, $429 is a lot of scratch for those, shopping around for deals, if you guys know of any out there. I know I know, buy once, cry once. That puts a dent in my Day Long plan. Thanks fellas.
    Do the RDL first!
    Well, actually, do your windscreen first, then seat, then handlebars(Helibars).
    THEN, look at other controls.
    I'd hate for you to get the perfect seat and only then discover that the HT shifter is now 'uncomfortable.'
    If you have the seat, then buy the shifter, if it "doesn't work out" - you can return it.

Just a little logistics thought processing after my coffee,
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I picked up a used set of the Show Chrome units from another member a couple of years ago. But I never did anything with them. (Even though I really like the H/T setup on my Street Glide) PM me your address and I will send them to you. If you like them... keep them and send me $150. If not... just send them back whenever you have a chance. (I think they are $350 new?)

IMG_4264.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Do the RDL first!
    I'd hate for you to get the perfect seat and only then discover that the HT shifter is now 'uncomfortable.'
    If you have the seat, then buy the shifter, if it "doesn't work out" - you can return it.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Here is where we have a slight difference of opinion Steve.
    I feel the seat is the first priority as once your ass is comfortable you can then buy the windscreen that fits your needs without having to buy another windscreen after getting your butt comfortable and finding the windscreen to high or to low. Then the handlebars(Helibars) for the perfect fit.
    I have always recommended Saddle, Shield, then bars in that order to get the best fit with the lest amount of "Trial & Error".

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by no handle sam View Post
    i picked up a used set of the show chrome units from another member a couple of years ago. But i never did anything with them. (even though i really like the h/t setup on my street glide) pm me your address and i will send them to you. If you like them... Keep them and send me $150. If not... Just send them back whenever you have a chance. (i think they are $350 new?)

IMG_4264.jpg
    you the man sam!!!

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Here is where we have a slight difference of opinion Steve.
    I feel the seat is the first priority as once your ass is comfortable you can then buy the windscreen that fits your needs without having to buy another windscreen after getting your butt comfortable and finding the windscreen to high or to low. Then the handlebars(Helibars) for the perfect fit.
    I have always recommended Saddle, Shield, then bars in that order to get the best fit with the lest amount of "Trial & Error".
    I think that's what I usually advocate too.
    Must have had too much Irish cream in the coffee this morning....

From my "Gouge" post in the General section:
    "- With one individual exception, NO ONE seems to like the stock windscreen. HOWEVER, get your seat, suspension, and footpegs squared away before you purchase a windscreen"

So yeah, we'll write that off too much "additive" in the coffee.
    Sorry for any confusion!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

PM Sent, Sam, you are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Do the RDL first!

Cheers,
    Steve
    Yep, first upgrade was the M#@$%d screen, tall enough with a 15, I may end up getting a backup 11" just for kicks. RDL is on the agenda, calling them tomorrow.

Today my heel toe shif lever fell off
    Good thing it was at the lights?
    Was in top gear but took off not a problem
    Got home
    Took off the mounting bracket
    Screwed it on super tight
    Only time will tell?
    I was born with nothing and shore got a heap of it left

Installed the H/T on the bike this last weekend, thank you, Sam. Still have to get a bit to drill the brake lever to mount the large pad but I really love the adjustability, the spread is perfect on the widest setting for my hooves. Can't wait to ride, now if this snow would just go away.

Heel and toe

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    What are your guys' thoughts on the heel toe shifters for the B? I always enjoyed mine on the Kz1000P but have never seen one in person to feel the space on a F6b.
    am using an add on brand. I fabricated an extension for the original shift peg and bought a heel and toe from add on. The heel peg was too high so I drilled a second mount hole in the shifter that lowered it and it works great now.