Pathfinder LED low and high beams installed

Thread: Pathfinder LED low and high beams installed

Pathfinder LED low and high beams installed

Took the plunge and got the SoCal Pathfinder LED bulbs. Install was easy on my 14 F6B. Before installing I noticed the bulb alignment was a tad off. Got a .05” hex and loosened the collar and center the bulb on the “0”. The alignment will definitely affect the light pattern. With lights off, you can view the alignment if you look at the bulbs in the headlight housing from the front of the bike. Waiting until night to adjust height and give opinion of the lights.

Looking forward to your opinion!

Remember the adjustment knob adjusts both High & Low beam.
    The Low beam more so than the High as the hinge is on top of the High Beam.

Happy hunting!
    Steve

Money well spent IMO. I love them.

I have the low beams in mine, how was the install on the high beams, I heard it was more of a bear. I absolutely love my lows and yes, I did some nighttime adjusting of the beam angles via the knobs inside. Could not be happier

Highs were easier than lows. Just unclip trim and 4 push pins on left pocket. Right takes two 5mm hex bolts to access after trim unclip

I just received mine,haven't installed yet. What do you mean by centering the "0"

Quote Originally Posted by Youngw1500 View Post
    I just received mine,haven't installed yet. What do you mean by centering the "0"
    Will this help your installation?

https://youtu.be/P40YHzd9bg0
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Well, I modified the rubber boot so the heat sink will screw all the way on. If you look in the center of the heat sink and you see screw threads from the bulb, the heat sink is not all the way on. The rubber boot is too long and stops the heat sink from threading all the way on. By the way, you can 1st screw the heat sink all the way on then put the boot on after the modification cut. If you turn the center of the boot inside out you will see ridges where you can start a cut with a blade. I did mine between the 1st and 2nd ridge. One a clean cut has been established you can pull and the tear will stay within the ridge lines.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow installed my pathfinders today. I thought the f6b had some bright lights, but these are bright. Tried them tonight and the low beams are so bright that when I hit the brights you can hardly tell a difference since the low beams are now so bright.

WoW !! They really light up the road. No more yellow tint. Very impressive.