New Valkyrie!!! 2014 - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: New Valkyrie!!! 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mrf13 View Post
    I love it in black!!

When I first saw the F6B it really grabbed me, I knew I had to have one. Not happening for me with this new F6C. Additionally, the F6B has the necessary convenience of bags, windshield, and great wind protection. If I wanted a bike without these features I'd likely consider something like the CB1100 before the F6C.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Opa and 51,,, X3 on ABS, or lack thereof.

I think the new Valk is actually pretty darn slick in appearance, and it would undoubtedly be fun, but, its 'bags and shield 4 me',,,

Valkyrie ??

As much as I loved my 1998 Valkyrie I'm glad I got the F6B. Although the F6C looks tempting it does not have windshield or bags. Add those to the mix and you've upped the pricing to what the F6B is. This bike kinda reminds me of the Rune. Mounting a windshield and bags ruin the look. I find it impractical to ride without windshield and bags.

Very surprising offering from Honda. After many of us waiting all those years for the resurrection of the Valkyrie its finally here. What I really wanted when I bought the F6B was a resurrected Valkyrie and now I'm more than happy with it since I definitely like it better than the new Valkyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Most interesting to note that they report the radiators have been moved to the side.
    Went to the garage to check and there they already were. Silly Brits!

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

In my opinion this new VALKYRIE 1800 is appealing to the 25-45 year old crowd. Still riding their Gixers/Busas but want a brute cruiser for fun, I think that it will do well. Many were disappointed when Honda stopped making the VTX1800 .... this is a good replacement.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Golding - x = f6b
    F6b - y = Valkyrie

Awesome but I need hard bags and the front fairing.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Found this on the web

2014 Honda Valkyrie | First Look Review

After taking a break from the Honda lineup, the six-cylinder Valkyrie is back (the name debuted 18 years earlier), and the Gold-Wing based 2014 Honda Valkyrie has been reimagined as a modern power cruiser. Displacing 1832cc and producing maximum torque at 4000 rpm, the new Valkyrie weighs 154 pounds less than a fully dressed Gold Wing, yet puts out all the power of the luxury tourer.
    Introducing the 2014 Honda Valkyrie on the rooftop of the Petersen Automotive Museum above the Miracle Mile in Los Angeles, Honda Powersports Press Manager Bill Savino said, “Today a motorcycling icon returns in all-new form. The Valkyrie is back, but this isn’t a motorcycle that celebrates the past. This is a cruiser unlike any other for people who want to seize the future, who appreciate distinctive style, who want the kind of performance no cruiser can match. The Valkyrie redefines the term ‘muscle cruiser.’” While the basic aluminum-frame chassis is the same as the Gold Wing and Gold Wing F6B, the Valkyrie has a few new wrinkles. The 19-inch front and 17-inch rear wheel gives the 2014 Valkyrie a bit more cornering clearance, and the 130mm front tire is designed to improve turn-in, as is the conservative 180mm rear. The 45mm cartridge-damping front fork has been lengthened and revalved, lifting the front of the Valkyrie up a bit.
    The brakes are also upgraded, with new 310mm rotors (296s on the Gold Wing and F6B) and a 316mm rear rotor. ABS is an option.
    Ergonomics have also been altered. The footpegs are 1.3 inches higher and just over a half-inch farther forward than on the F6B. To complement that, the bars are 1.3 inches forward and 1.5 inches taller, as well as three-quarters of an inch wider. The bars themselves are a full one-inch in diameter, given them a muscular feel. The passenger seat on the massive plastic rear fender and grab rails are easily removed, leaving a stylish solo saddle for solitary rides.
    Sitting on the bike, it feels surprisingly unintimidating for a 750-pound, six-cylinder machine. I fired up the motor, and the exhaust system, which is unique to the Valkyrie, sounded meaty, yet refined. There’s also a new intake system designed to give the Valkyrie a good sound. Blipping the throttle takes it past the redline and into the rev limiter with ease. I didn’t get to ride the bike, but that sound and response of the motor filled me with anticipation.
    Also of note is a new dashboard, with an LCD digital speedometer, tachometer, trip meters, clock, and fuel-level gauge. There’s an opening message when you turn the key to the on position, and you can customize it to whatever you like. The unique handlebar switchgear, LED turn signals, LED taillight and LED headlight all add to make the Valkyrie stand out from the other six-cylinder Hondas, and give it a fully modern appearance.
    Look to a Spring 2014 availability for the 2014 Honda Valkyrie.

2014 Honda Valkyrie Specs:

• Engine Type: 1832cc liquid-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder
    • Bore and Stroke: 74mm x 71mm
    • Compression ratio: 9.8:1
    • Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
    • Induction: PGM-FI
    • Ignition: Computer-controlled digital with 3-D mapping
    • Transmission: Five-speed
    • Final Drive: Shaft
    • Suspension
    • Front: 45mm cartridge fork
    • Rear: Pro-Arm single side swingarm with Pro-Link rear single shock with hydraulic spring preload
    • Brakes (ABS Optional)
    • Front: Dual 310mm front discs
    • Rear: Single 316mm rear disc
    • Tires
    • Front: 130/60R-19
    • Rear: 180/55R-17
    • Wheelbase: 67.2 inches
    • Rake (Caster angle): 29° 50’
    • Trial: 114mm (4.5 inches)
    • Seat Height: 28.8 inches
    • Fuel Capacity: 6.1 gallons
    • Estimated Fuel Economy: TBD
    • Colors: Black, Dark Red Metallic, Blue Metallic
    • Curb Weight: 750 pounds (Valkyrie) / 754 pounds (Valkyrie ABS)

• Honda Genuine Accessories: Backrest, Wind Deflector, Passenger Floorboards, Rear Carrier, Saddlebags, LED Fog Lights, 12-Volt Accessory Socket, Billet Master Cylinder cover, Chrome Side Stand, Chrome Side Covers, Chrome Swingarm Pivot, Custom Grips, Boulevard Screen, Tall Windscreen, Leather Touring Bag

2014 Honda Valkyrie MSRP: Approximately $17,000

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Been lurking here a while as my next ride will most likely be the F6B. Pretty new to forums but learned a ton about my bikes on them. The regular gw forums seems to not like it or much else that I could tell but I don't see too much bad on any bike w the 1800 F6 engine. The F6B hits the sweet spot perfectly w bags and wind protection though.

Too many bikes, not enuf dough

IMHO, the new Valk looks C-O-O-L ! More ground clearance and more acceleration? C-O-O-L!

Here come the buts: NO windshield- NO bags- NO money or garage space! Shame, Shame. And... I really like my red F6B!!

God bless us all
    srkeet