Tucked in until Spring. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tucked in until Spring.

Gosh!
    I wish I had to do all that winterizing and tender-izing stuff that y'all do up there in the northern climes. It sounds like a fantastic skill to have. And FUN, too!

NOT!!

If anybody calls, I'll be out riding!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Winterize Safe, amigos!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    Gosh!
    I wish I had to do all that winterizing and tender-izing stuff that y'all do up there in the northern climes. It sounds like a fantastic skill to have. And FUN, too!

NOT!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Winterize Safe, amigos!
    I will stick with winterizing here in Michigan for now..If things don't change with our illegal immigration problems soon you folks in the Southwest and California will not have to worry about riding as the illegals will steal your bikes and sell them!!!!.....Just kidding!!!....I hope.....

Gosh!

NOT!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Winterize Safe, amigos!
    You're making a good case for life below 30 degrees N.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Gosh!

NOT!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Winterize Safe, amigos!
    Was downhill skiing last sunday, this coming weekend I will be at the " National Snow Cross" race in the Twin Cities. We still find fun stuff to occupy ourselves, even tho we don't get to ride our 6's

The southern climes certainly offer an advantage for riding this time of year. However, I will take a few months off in the winter to go snowmobiling ... if I lived down there, I would be parking the bike June-August anyway! Too hot!

As someone I know who moved to Jacksonville, then came back up here, said: "You can always put more layers on, but there's only so many you can take off!!"

To each, his own. I could very easily see having a winter place in New Mexico or Arizona, especially if our winters keep underperforming. If you think motorcycling is expensive, try snowmobiling!
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    ... See the surgeon next Monday and it looks like rotator cuff surgery is in my future. MRI shows 3 of the 4 tendons/muscles are pulled bad; 1 of those 3 is completely torn. All of the things I’ve done over lots of years has caught up with me...again!!!
    Ouch!!!
    If it has to be done (rotator cuff), now is the time of year to do it.
    Not fun.
    Had right shoulder replaced 2016. Painful part was the therapy. But WELL worth it.
    No problem picking up the "B" with my replacement. . . don't ask how I know

Thanks. Look fotward and dread it at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgeteer View Post
    If it has to be done (rotator cuff), now is the time of year to do it.
    Not fun.
    Had right shoulder replaced 2016. Painful part was the therapy. But WELL worth it.
    No problem picking up the "B" with my replacement. . . don't ask how I know

This fall I tried one of Honda's recommended (owners manual) storage hints that I have never done before. Remove plugs and put a teaspoon of oil in each cylinder and crank her over a few times. A bit of a pain in the ass but thought I'd give it a try. My bike sits for 5 months in a very cold garage. Of course fresh engine oil and battery in the house.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    This fall I tried one of Honda's recommended (owners manual) storage hints that I have never done before. Remove plugs and put a teaspoon of oil in each cylinder and crank her over a few times. A bit of a pain in the ass but thought I'd give it a try. My bike sits for 5 months in a very cold garage. Of course fresh engine oil and battery in the house.
    I do the same with a boat motor and the Norton, however I use a spray can of fogger.
    That might be easier than using a spoon of oil.
    The B is always ready to ride as I hope to get it out at least once each month this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    I haven't heard that before. My first thought was would it work or be necessary with a flat configuration? I'd always considered flat motors to be a natural position for existing oil to rest. My old boxer airhead and my old VW's always had a residual amount of oil in the cylinders at startup. Of course, if you are doing it, an old school kickstarter would be ideal for a gentle couple of strokes, but the technology has evolved away from the kick starters.
    Last edited by unsub; 01-02-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!