bar end weights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bar end weights

bar end weights

I had one to come unscrewed a while back and go bouncing down the road. I did retrieve it and the bolt although it was a bit beat up and the screw a tad bent. buffed it up and thought I would try red, and did not like the color and it was still less than perfect looking. New ones are not cheap from momma Honda but found some after market that have to arrive on a slow boat from China but are very inexpensive. I got the black ones but several other colors can be ordered. I'm pleased with another do dad for the bike to make it less OEM looking. IMG_5275.JPG

Funny, less OEM looking even though it has a Honda Wing emblem. You could turn the emblem to the bottom so as to not show much at all.

I have the Show Chrome Large Heated Grips and used their matching Show Chrome Bar Ends. They are larger and heavier than stock and reduce vibration better.

Didn't notice for a while after buying mine but it has a throttle lock when you twist the bar weight on the right side.
    At first I thought it was gonna fall off. Figured it out after a few twists.
    Doesn't hold the throttle much anyway.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    didn't notice for a while after buying mine but it has a throttle lock when you twist the bar weight on the right side.
    At first i thought it was gonna fall off. Figured it out after a few twists.
    Doesn't hold the throttle much anyway.
    THAT wasn't in the manual, nor the service manual.....
    That screw should be torqued to 12 Nm, I don't think that weight should be moving.
    I use the Kury oversized grips which necessitated the removal of the weights, so I can't go look, sorry.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    THAT wasn't in the manual, nor the service manual.....
    That screw should be torqued to 12 Nm, I don't think that weight should be moving.
    I use the Kury oversized grips which necessitated the removal of the weights, so I can't go look, sorry.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Actually, there is a system that works as tenxxx is saying. I don't recall the brand but remember seeing it when I was looking for one. Kaoko maybe?

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/kaok...lack-or-silver

Oh yes! I agree that there is an add-on that allegedly works quite well.
    But the bar-weights themselves I do not believe to have any sort of throttle lock capability and I know for sure that the end screws need to be torqued.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Brought my G/F a pair of Kaoko bar ends / throttle lock for her Scout. Emailed back & forth with Kaoko for 2-3 weeks. Did everything possible to make the damn things work, they never did work. Would only hold for 5-10 seconds. We're stuck with the damn things. Anybody interested in a pair??.... make a offer

The lug inside the bars has to be tight and not spin when you tighten the screws on the weights.
    If it spins you cant get the screws very tight. You need to figure out a way to keep it tight so you can tighten the bar end screws.
    My B has this problem on the left side and will be addressed this spring.
    I'm sure There is someone here that has already figured this out.
    ITS ALL GOOD

it was tight.... this was their first pair for a Scout. I think they were something they "put together" with spare parts, hoping they would work.....I had to ream / enlarge the inside of the bar to get them to go in. Kaoko were of little help & didn't fix the problems.... then they stopped answering emails... Wish I could say something nice about Kaoko but I can't.