Tucked in until Spring.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tucked in until Spring.

Tucked in until Spring.

The B came off the road yesterday, now tucked away and the battery is being "tender-ized" until the spring.

In the PNW it was a decent riding year for the most part. I enjoyed reading everybody else's ride reports and ride photos. Thank you.

Although I consider myself as semi retired I spent too many weeks too busy to ride. I'm looking forward to new and exciting rides among all other things in the New Year. 2019 is shaping up to be a lighting accessory year as well!

I want to wish everyone in the B hive a very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

PS - how do you all tuck in your B's for the winter?

Cheers!

GWF6B.JPG
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Mine has been "tucked in" for winter since early November..The weather here in Michigan has been cold and rainy for several weeks now...No major snow yet, just crappy weather for riding....Did not get chance to change oil, but no big deal as the current stuff only has 3,000 miles on it..If it warms up I might change the oil and filter if I can...Battery tender is hooked up, tires aired up, bike on center stand and covered with soft blanket and coat of polish was done a few weeks ago...Most likely it will just sit until Spring as usual....Hope I also get to ride more often in 2019, but only time will tell....Ride safe and "Happy New Year".....

Not tucked in yet and probably won't be. Winter in east central PA is kind of off and on. I put 200 + miles on her last weekend and saw some snow on the ground and flurries in the air. I'll ride to work any chance I get. Hard to keep her cleaned up but I'd rather ride than polish anyway. The old Harley is tucked in though. It's carbed and I have it fairly lean so cold weather is a problem.

Here in the Colorado mountains my B is always ready to go, but that won’t be for a while. There is a hill on the road to my house that never sees the sun for a few months in winter, so it is always snow-packed in mid-winter. It is 2 deg right now at my house and will be -5 tonight. When warmer days occur (can be anytime) I’ll put it on the trailer for a couple of miles to get it off the hill to dry roads. Unfortunately I will probably be grounded for a while. See the surgeon next Monday and it looks like rotator cuff surgery is in my future. MRI shows 3 of the 4 tendons/muscles are pulled bad; 1 of those 3 is completely torn. All of the things I’ve done over lots of years has caught up with me...again!!!
    Ouch!!!
    Last edited by F6Bster; 12-31-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Not much tucking here in North Idaho, ready to ride and thinking of taking it out for a spin today since it will be nice and dry. Just a few miles but I need that fix.

4 degrees this morning, to start off the new year. The street bikes are locked away in an enclosed trailer, which is locked away in the machinery shed. Only thing to ride now, is the dual-sport Honda. Did take it out in the fields for a couple miles last week. Good news? the days are starting to get longer, now that we have passed the "winter equinox". Not much longer, but every minute helps! Come spring, come early!

Been raining for days but now 71 and sunny. Found an excuse to ride into town, gonna take the no windshield bike. Later at the beach for black eyed peas, cornbread and greens then go watch the costumed polar bear dippers. Should be a crowd with it being so warm.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Been raining for days but now 71 and sunny. Found an excuse to ride into town, gonna take the no windshield bike. Later at the beach for black eyed peas, cornbread and greens then go watch the costumed polar bear dippers. Should be a crowd with it being so warm.
    Come up north, and watch the real kooks, when they cut holes in the ice, and do the real New Years Polar plunge. No ice baths for me. But , I'll have an adult beverage and watch them!

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    4 degrees this morning, to start off the new year. The street bikes are locked away in an enclosed trailer, which is locked away in the machinery shed. Only thing to ride now, is the dual-sport Honda. Did take it out in the fields for a couple miles last week. Good news? the days are starting to get longer, now that we have passed the "winter equinox". Not much longer, but every minute helps! Come spring, come early!
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Same here, last ride was 11/4, fresh oil and filter, center stand, covered up, snowblower in front of it.

I do need to put a new rear tire on it, and install my Ergo IIIs and remote saddle bag releases.

I did just use some extra $$ to purchase hip armor and new breathable riding shoes!
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6