Soon to be proud F6B owner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soon to be proud F6B owner

Soon to be proud F6B owner

Well, after 8 rewarding and memorable years owning two fabulous classic Valkyries, (a 2000 red/black Interstate and a 2003 standard, adorned with HD fairing, HD bags and some 3K in extras) I decided it was time to move on to my next dream bike.
    I’m one of the quirky few who always admired the yellow and black “bumblebee” color scheme on the Valks, so when the ‘03 sold in October, I began my search for a 2014 F6B in yellow and black.
    I found her today in Tennessee. 16K miles, dbl back rests, taller shield and a few small ad ons. Price is $10,499 which I thought was fair and she looks mint. I drive down next week for a one to one exam, and if all goes well, will pay the tab and get her home. (326 miles north to Ohio).
    I”m hoping all goes well and I’m looking forward to making new friends here and picking brains for all the knowledge available within these forums. ( just as I did at the VRCC.) Til then, Happy 2019 to all!
    “Bumblebee” Mike in Ohio

Mike,

Welcome to the forums!
    If you've not done so, please see the first post in this thread stuck in the General Section:
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...ted-8-Jun-2017

Probably most importantly, check your final drive fluid before riding north!
    Ask away - lots of knowledge her.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

++1 on checking the final drive. Mine had 8500k miles and came from a dealer in northern Ohio.
    I rode it for 2000k before checking the rear drive. It was way low! I don't think it was hurt and wasn't making any noise.
    The bike had even been back to the dealer for a recall on the brakes.
    Don't take anybody's word unless your looking them right in the eyes when you ask about the past service.
    A 17mm wrench (I think) and a few minuets will give you piece of mind before you start riding it.
    Welcome to the forum and the Best ride of your life.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Where in Tn is it?

Welcome from another VRCC menber
    The yellow and bike F6B's are cool
    You will love the B it rides so much better.
    I still love the old Valkyrie's

That color will sure be rare. I've never even seen one on the road. I always liked the bumblebee Valkyries. The rare yellow/cream ones were nice too. Here's my bumblebee. It's an '88 R100 GS in one of the two paint schemes available from the factory.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike McCann View Post
    Well, after 8 rewarding and memorable years owning two fabulous classic Valkyries, (a 2000 red/black Interstate and a 2003 standard, adorned with HD fairing, HD bags and some 3K in extras) I decided it was time to move on to my next dream bike.
    I’m one of the quirky few who always admired the yellow and black “bumblebee” color scheme on the Valks, so when the ‘03 sold in October, I began my search for a 2014 F6B in yellow and black.
    I found her today in Tennessee. 16K miles, dbl back rests, taller shield and a few small ad ons. Price is $10,499 which I thought was fair and she looks mint. I drive down next week for a one to one exam, and if all goes well, will pay the tab and get her home. (326 miles north to Ohio).
    I”m hoping all goes well and I’m looking forward to making new friends here and picking brains for all the knowledge available within these forums. ( just as I did at the VRCC.) Til then, Happy 2019 to all!
    “Bumblebee” Mike in Ohio
    I hope you have many safe miles and great memories in your future! You will soon come to realize what we all already know. This is probably the best riding bike you will ever own.

Welcome. Based upon your write-up you will love this bike. Easy to personalize it to make it really yours.

I am partial to Orange, so had mine painted Jupiter Orange Metallic before I picked it up new. I love the bumblebee colors. If that had been available I’d have it instead. The bumblebee Valks were beautiful. One of my buddies still has one in ND. My more recent bikes included a Valk, GL1800 Wing, FJR1300, and now my B.

Enjoy, and maybe we’ll see you on the road somewhere sometime!!!!
    Last edited by F6Bster; 01-03-2019 at 12:16 PM.

You will find quite a few of the VRCC people here and we go to both rallies.
    Put many miles on two Valkyries and you will find great info here about pretty much everything.
    I have a 2013 that installed cruise control on because I had gone to the same company years back
    And it has worked just great for years now. I ad it before and I felt I needed it again.
    You will find it so much easier to change wheels and tires.
    ENJOY!

Welcome to our forum! you'll love your "B"....These are a great bunch of guys & can answer any "B" question you throw at them.....................Black ones are faster.