Mobil 1 Annual Protection - going for it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobil 1 Annual Protection - going for it!

Mobil 1 Annual Protection - going for it!

Mobil 1 has a new blend of synthetic oil that is guaranteed to last 1 year/20k miles.

I drive my 2013 Subuaru Forester about 18k per year. I am due for an oil change in about a month or so. I am putting the Mobil 1 Annual Protection in it, along with a Mobil 1 filter ... and I am not going to change it for a year! Ha!

Now, I have one of those "two-stroke" Subarus, that likes mixed drinks, about 1 quart of oil every 3000 miles along with gasoline. So, by the time I hit 18,000 miles in Feb-March 2020, I will have added 6 quarts anyway.

I am contemplating a used oil analysis after conducting this experiment. It will be interesting to see how it turns out!
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I would be more worried about the oil filter going that distance. I would skip that oil choice and go with another economical synthetic (Wal-Mart) and change at 7.5k with a quality filter made by Champion Industries (Mobil, K&N, etc) or Fram Tough Guard (Wal-Mart).

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    I would be more worried about the oil filter going that distance. I would skip that oil choice and go with another economical synthetic (Wal-Mart) and change at 7.5k with a quality filter made by Champion Industries (Mobil, K&N, etc) or Fram Tough Guard (Wal-Mart).
    Mobil 1 filter is guaranteed for 20,000 miles as well.
    Former Ride:
    Latest Addition:
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Mobil states “ Protects 2X as long
    • Tested and proven at double auto manufacturers’ recommended oil change intervals”.

Also Mobil Annual Protection does not meet Dexos approval which is one of the most strict certification approvals.

I had a Suby STI and it never drank oil. I never used Mobil 1 in it.

I would be interested in what the analysis says. Let us know how it goes!
    When that open road starts to callin’ me,
    There’s something over the hill that I gotta see

~Hank Williams

Most likely more marketing "BS" from the producers of the product to boost sales and stock prices....Only time will tell I suppose if the stuff does what it claims...I for one, would be very skeptical about leaving oil in the motor for 20,000 miles even with modern newer engines....JHMO

AMSOIL makes the same claim, 25k under "normal driving conditions"; 20K under "harsh, dirty & dusty conditions". I've been going 20-25K between changes since back in the late 1980's, hardly ever had to ad oil (only when towing a heavy load) & never had a oil related problem using AMSOIL. I usually sell my cars / trucks around 200,000 - 250,000 miles. I'm sure Mobil One is a good oil & will give good service. == there are no rules or regs. on the term "par synthetic" as to how much "synthetic" is in the mix. A drop, a cup, 50/50, who knows? The term "oil is oil" is not true, there's a huge difference between quality name brand oils & no name, auto parts or big box store oils.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    AMSOIL makes the same claim, 25k under "normal driving conditions"; 20K under "harsh, dirty & dusty conditions". I've been going 20-25K between changes since back in the late 1980's, hardly ever had to ad oil (only when towing a heavy load) & never had a oil related problem using AMSOIL. I usually sell my cars / trucks around 200,000 - 250,000 miles. I'm sure Mobil One is a good oil & will give good service. == there are no rules or regs. on the term "par synthetic" as to how much "synthetic" is in the mix. A drop, a cup, 50/50, who knows? The term "oil is oil" is not true, there's a huge difference between quality name brand oils & no name, auto parts or big box store oils.
    I wonder if living in a moderate climate like Florida, Calif, Arizona, etc. has any bearing on how long oils last in engines compared to Michigan and other areas that have cold, long winters?...Just curious as I live in a very cold, damp state that has miserably cold and long winters at times...Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I wonder if living in a moderate climate like Florida, Calif, Arizona, etc. has any bearing on how long oils last in engines compared to Michigan and other areas that have cold, long winters?...Just curious as I live in a very cold, damp state that has miserably cold and long winters at times...Regards
    Excessive heat breaks down oil quicker so colder temps would theoretically help. I'd ask my wife but she's tired of my "oil thread" questions. Cheapest oil and filter money can buy >< most expensive oil and filter money can buy?

Oops, I inadvertently started another oil thread.
    Former Ride:
    Latest Addition:
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6